Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

99 Accord Ex Coupe V6 3.0L passenger window not working

598 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  99AccordExBmore 
#1 ·
So I recently replaced the Window Regulator on the Drivers side because when I got the car from the person selling it this was one of the issues with the car. Now the drivers side window works great but when I try to roll the passenger side window down on either the drivers side or passengers side it will not go up or down.

Maybe a loose wire or connection somewhere? Where would I look for an issue of this nature? I would probably start here and move on if no issue is found.

Could it be a passenger window switch, a relay, or is it the motor on the passenger side? I would love to get an answer so I can fix the problem myself.

Thanks!

Edited first post

#2 ·
Probably a motor. I had a 2003 and had that issue, bad motor.

#3 ·
Q: Did you replace the window regulator yourself on the driver door, or did you have a shop do it for you?

In either case, the first place to check would be all the harnesses that connect to each other in the driver side door since it's what you recently touched. IIRC, if the window up/down harnesses aren't connected, on either side, the window won't go up/down.

#5 ·
If it wasn't working before the window regulator was put in, then something else is going on. It could be the motor as previously stated, or perhaps the harness for the power windows is unplugged on the passenger side. You'd have to remove the door panel to see if the passenger side harness is plugged in or not. If it's not, that would be your problem. If it is plugged in, check the wiring. Is anything else plugged in that'a aftermarket into the car's electrical system?

It could also be the motor that's gone bad on the passenger side. Removal of the motor would be the identical process as removing the window regulator since it all comes out as one piece.

#7 ·
The lockout switch is not pushed... Even when I try to roll the window down from the drivers side it will not move and it does the same thing on the passenger side. I changed all of the fuses in the car to avoid having any issues with these. This is a project car. I literally paid $100 for it. It runs well but there are a few minor issues that need repair like the passenger window and there is an issue with the coolant system. I think I need to flush the heater core out and possibly replace to Heater Core valve because the AC works but there is not heat and the winter is coming up and I do not want to be driving with no heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.