Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 ex v6 that I just swapped transmission in. After it sat for 2 weeks with the battery unhooked it is surging at idle. Is there something that needs done with the computer or something else I need to be looking at. Also there is a bolt about half way up the side of the motor that goes in what looks to be where the flex plate sits, it's missing could this be a cause also?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
find the vacuum line you left loose, off or torn. if ok, replace the idle air control valve if the coolant is properly bled. attempting to clean it can help but also might not - up to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only vacuum line that had to come off was the one that hooks into the front motor mount. Would the idle air control just go bad from sitting? Everything was perfect before I pulled the tranny. And the cooling system was never opened, should it still need bled?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
these are the only items that can cause your surging idle. it's possible the iac can just go back from sitting. while it's surging tap on it with a 3/8" extension and see if it smooths out. don't just tap it, TAP it if needed.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Reactions: CDsDontBurn
1 - 5 of 5 Posts