Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if some of you might be able to help me out a little. I was removing the transmission in my 99 Accord and this rubber spacer/bushing (not sure what it is) fell out of somewhere and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where it came from. I looked at just about every diagram on the Honda website and did not see it (probably missed it)

Does anyone have a clue what it is and where it goes?

Thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if I should've posted a new thread or not (didn't wanna spam with my questions), but I have another problem that seems to be a mystery, even to the Honda dealerships I called.

I removed the old flywheel and noticed that there was a brass bushing (on the back, facing the engine, pilot bushing, I guess), which did not come with the new flywheel. I called Honda and every other auto parts store in the area and no one seems to show it on any diagrams or stock it. Autozone showed it as a part of their clutch kit, which was double what I paid for the one i purchased from rockauto.

I also tried removing the bushing and installing it in the new flywheel, however it was not a tight fight. I can spread it open and make it fit, but that seems like it would defeat the purpose of the bushing itself..

My question is:

Has anyone done a flywheel and where did you get it from? Did you run into this problem? Honda doesn't stock the flywheel and they can't tell me if it comes with the bushing or not. I have to buy it and they will charge me 20% restocking fee if I don't want it.

The part in question can clearly be seen here (starting at 1:23)

thanks for the help again...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
the rubber Is for the motor mount. there should be 2 pieces used to reduce vibration and cushing the mount front rubbing on the bracket

the pilot bushing probably does come with the Honda flywheel although I can't remember. take the aftermarket one and see how it fits on the input shaft. is it snug without the brass(?) bushing? if it's too loose take a chance on the Honda part?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HondaTech - thank you. I found where it goes on the motor/transmission mount (which turns out needs to be replaced too :( )

I could not find a bushing anywhere, the stock one was too small for the aftermakert flywheel. The new flywheel itself was way to big to not have a bushing in there. Luckily NAPA had a flywheel in stock, which had a bushing already installed (it was just a ring, it did not have the rim on the outside), but it seems to fit and I will be using it.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts