Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 99 Accord in for oil change this past fall, when dealer noted an oil leak from the distributor cap and oil pump. I have already repaired the dist. leak. If the dealer determines the oil pump is still leaking, what additional seals should I look into replacing? (Was going to have the timing belt and water pump replaced at the same time.)

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

·
Wave Interference
189 Posts
Had my 99 Accord in for oil change this past fall, when dealer noted an oil leak from the distributor cap and oil pump. I have already repaired the dist. leak. If the dealer determines the oil pump is still leaking, what additional seals should I look into replacing? (Was going to have the timing belt and water pump replaced at the same time.)

Appreciate any guidance. Thanks.
Since you would have it all open during a TB job, consider having the crank seal behind the crank pulley gear inspected for leaks. If there is one, it would be fairly simple to change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow up

Follow up to my initial post. I went to my local dealer to double check on the parts needed to replace my oil pump...water pump and timing belt on my 99 Accord. One thing the service manager mentioned was that there is a liquified gasket that they redo in the repair process. I forgot to ask more details about this as was hoping someone here might be familiar with it, and the actual sealant product that is used? Thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The Accord service manual calls for Honda liquid gasket #087 18 0001 or 0003 to be used between the oil pump housing and the block and to the bolt threads. The manual also specifies the another liquid gasket for the oil pan which has to be partly removed for this work. I expect there are other liquid gasket products that would be suitable. Maybe the auto stores can cross reference the Honda numbers if you dont use the Honda material.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honda refers to the 0001 as Hondabond HT, where the 0003 is a flange sealant. I assume the bonding sealant is what is needed?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The Honda service manual lists them both for sealing the pump housing. I expect either one will work. I have not done this repair, so I cant say if one would be better than the other. Maybe another member here will chime in with their experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts