Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My second post about the same problem. my 99 Accord f23a1 will not crank. The battery is hot, and the starter works fine. When it hits the motor just kinda sputters and dies. I checked codes with a obd2 reader and the only code it shows is p1361. The crank sensor is in the timing cover. Reading on the net, it was recommended to test the sensor. The diagram for that electrical fitting shows a 4 pin connector numbered 1-4. Ohm readings on pin 1&2 shows nothing. Ohm readings on pin 1&3 and 1&4 shows 1987 ohms. Pins 3&4 shows nothing and pins 2&3 and 2&4 shows 1991 ohms. I checked continuity to ground on all 4 pins and got nothing. Sensor shows good? Next I checked the blue 31 pin connector on the ecu "31P". The diagram for that connector is different than what is on my car. Mine is labeled 31P, but terminal 2&12 are empty, and terminal 3&13 have different colored wires. I am hoping mabe I am looking at this plug wrong or something. If I can't get this problem figured out my only option is to haul my car on a roll back in to the stealership service dept and get a loan to pay them! Please any help or experience would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The factory service manual for your car shows the 4 pin connector 1-2 reading (TDC) should be about 850 ohms and the 3-4 reading (CKP) should be 450, so your sensor is out of specs. I would recommend replacing the CKP/TDC sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as a follow up to my problem with my car. After looking at the 4 pin connector, I was looking at it backwards. As It turned out it was the crank position sensor that failed. I couldn't preform the work in my carport so I called a wrecker and had it hauled to the Honda dealership service dept about 70 miles from my house. $240 for a wrecker ride, $300 for the crank position sensor, and $550 for labor. Ouch! Anyway, it runs good now and I am glad it is fixed and back home ready to go another 200k I hope!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts