Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

9th Gen 6-6 Short-Shifters in 2020

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  octopr0n 
#1 ·
I recently got my 2014 accord 6-6 coupe, and I am ready to do some bolt-ons. I have been looking all over forums and youtube for any short-shifter options for the 9th gen accord coupe, with little luck. Probably the only useful thread I found was on this site, and it was on the TWM short-shifter. Now that it looks like TWM is going out of business (due to their website not working and the company's last facebook page post), it seems there are no options for a short-shifter out there?? If anybody knows of any other company or any way to shorten the shift throw/improve shift feel, please help!

#4 ·
Left a comment on one of their youtube videos asking if they would make them for the 9th gen accords. I got a response from someone I assumed worked for them, saying " it’s unlikely. We love the manual accords, but the market is unfortunately too small as best we can tell. That said, we do hope to offer more according shifting mods throughout 2020 🤙🏻"

I have a feeling that if they did make any new shifting mods then it would likely be for the 10th gen accords, and not for us 9th gen owners. Also this response was from February, so before shit hit the fan. Haven't sent a direct message to the company or anything like that. Maybe we could start a poll or something to show interest? Just throwin out an idea...

I love my TWM shifter. I got it five years ago before they went out of business. You could try this in the link below. It attaches to your factory shifter to lengthen the pivot which shortens the throw.
Doesn't seem like there's any other options so I might have to just give it a try. It says it gives it a 38% shorter throw. Do you remember what TWM advertised? Also it says that it requires a "slight trim" to the OE shift box. Do you remember doing that, and if so, do you have any insight on it?

#7 ·
Shift knobs are personal preference. If you want it to look like it sits lower than stock look for a countersunk knob. I had a weighted steel knob but it got too hot when the car sat in the sun all day. I changed to a carbon fiber one that i got off eBay and i like it. Stock knob works too..... A lot of people even use the stock Civic Si or Acura TL knobs. My preference is a round knob it just feels good to me. You can buy a knob anywhere just make sure it’s the right thread size and pitch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.