Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Miles per gallon

1 - 20 of 1312 Posts

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your real world 9th generation Accord MPG numbers. Let's see how it does vs the 8th generation.

Please use the template below.

Model Year:
V6 or I4:
Body Style (coupe/sedan):
Auto/Manual:

Location/City:
Highway Driving %:
City Driving %:

Highway Cruising Speed:
Within City Speed Limits? Yes/No:
Stop and Go Traffic-light/moderate/heavy:

Engine Oil/life:
Air Filter:
Wheel Size:
Tire Air Type:
Fuel Octane:

Combined observed MPG:

·
5x with no end in sight
237 Posts
Model Year: 2013
V6 or I4: I4
Body Style (coupe/sedan): Sedan
Auto/Manual: CVT

Location/City: Suburban Milwaukee
Highway Driving %: 70%
City Driving %: 30%

Highway Cruising Speed: 65/70
Within City Speed Limits? Yes/No: Yes
Stop and Go Traffic-light/moderate/heavy: Light

Engine Oil/life:
Air Filter:
Wheel Size: 18
Tire Air Type:
Fuel Octane: 87

Combined observed MPG: 30.0

·
Registered
271 Posts
Model Year: 2013 Accord EX-L
V6 or I4: V6
Body Style (coupe/sedan): Modern Steel Metallic
Auto/Manual: Auto

Location/City: Nashville, TN
Highway Driving %: 50
City Driving %: 50

Highway Cruising Speed: 80
Stop and Go Traffic-light/moderate/heavy: moderate to light

Engine Oil/life:
Air Filter:
Wheel Size:
Tire Air Type:
Fuel Octane:

Combined observed MPG: 25.9

filled up the car with 7.7 gallons and had drove already around 200 miles

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

Location/City: Cleveland
Highway Driving %: 90
City Driving %: 10

Highway Cruising Speed: 55- 65
Within City Speed Limits? Yes/No: yes
Stop and Go Traffic-light/moderate/heavy: light

Engine Oil/life:new
Air Filter:
Wheel Size:
Tire Air Type:

Combined observed MPG: 37

I should note the trip computer said 33.8 mpg so there's a pretty decent difference - it will be interesting to see how accurate it is going forward. I drove 521 miles and put in just over 14 gallons of gas. I drove 90% of the time with the econ button on - very conservatively. Nice, eh?

·
Continuously Varying
186 Posts
Guys, highly recommend www.fuelly.com. Great free site, allows you to track it with your smartphone. Got mine on there......

·
2018 Acura TLX Tech
1,067 Posts

Location/City: Cleveland
Highway Driving %: 90
City Driving %: 10

Highway Cruising Speed: 55- 65
Within City Speed Limits? Yes/No: yes

Engine Oil/life:new
Air Filter:
Wheel Size:
Tire Air Type:

Combined observed MPG: 37

I should note the trip computer said 33.8 mpg so there's a pretty decent difference - it will be interesting to see how accurate it is going forward. I drove 521 miles and put in just over 14 gallons of gas. I drove 90% of the time with the econ button on - very conservatively. Nice, eh?
Impressive!++

·
Registered
252 Posts
Impressive!++
Its impressive if the exact same fill level was used for the sample period and the math is correct. Our 2011 Odyssey has a fuel consumption computer and I've compared it to my numbers when filling to the exact same level in the tank and it is always within .2 L/100 km.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Its impressive if the exact same fill level was used for the sample period and the math is correct. Our 2011 Odyssey has a fuel consumption computer and I've compared it to my numbers when filling to the exact same level in the tank and it is always within .2 L/100 km.
The math is correct however I can't speak for the fill level - though I can't imagine it's off by more than a quarter of a gallon. I'll find out more when I fill it up again in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Please disregard my previous post - it dawned on me that I didn't reset the trip odometer when I drove the car off the lot. The dealer filled the car up after driving it from one dealer to the other - so the numbers posted are innacurate.

·
5x with no end in sight
237 Posts
Guys, highly recommend www.fuelly.com. Great free site, allows you to track it with your smartphone. Got mine on there......
Just signed on as well. Too bad there's no iPhone app, but the mobile site isn't bad.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
First fill up today. Computer reads 28.4 over 355 miles. This is a first, most computer mpg is optimistic. Measured fuel economy is 29.37 mpg. 60% city. Very impressive.

·
Continuously Varying
186 Posts
Just signed on as well. Too bad there's no iPhone app, but the mobile site isn't bad.
Yeah, I just created a homepage link, don't even think about that it's not an app.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Hey, everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just picked up a Modern Steel EX CVT last weekend and loving it so far. Attatched is my first fuelly fill-up. Was actually a little disappointed, as the trip A summary showed 35.3 mpg. I guess it's reading a bit optimistic for me, but I'll have to see if that's a continuing trend.
This is a great community, by the way. I've found it very helpful for research while considering what car to get. I was actually considering a used 7th gen, but the features offered on the 9th (and the seemingly high resale market prices on the 7th) made my decision for me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
V6 or I4:
Body Style I4(coupe/sedan): Sedan

Location/City: NE OK
Highway Driving %: 70
City Driving %: 30

Highway Cruising Speed: 65

Engine Oil/life: Factory
Air Filter: Factory
Wheel Size: 18" Sport
Tire Air Type: Normal

Combined observed MPG: 31.3

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw the answer to this on another thread. A car has to have 3 fill-ups before it will show on the site. However, you can see all of them if you look at the details for your car in your fuelly garage (assuming you have a 2013), then follow the hyperlink at the bottom by clicking "2013" under "Browse Similar Cars."

·
No Gears, Got CVT :)
672 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Interesting to see the price differance is gas. $4.56 in CA US and only $3.50 in AL US.
Since I assume you're referencing my fill-up...

It's gotten outta hand pretty fast here. I filled up in a smallish coastal town, which certainly didn't do me any favors on price. In general, I've heard the coasts pay the most due to distance from refineries and things. Also, California gas is (I believe) formulated a bit different due to heightened state emissions standards.

1 - 20 of 1312 Posts