Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I have a 2013 Honda Accord Touring with a factory sub & Nav. Can I connect the following:

1) Disconnect stock sub wires at the sub connector and connect directly to my after market mono amp (has high level inputs)
2) Then, run new speaker wires from my after market amp to my stock sub

Since the According Touring has a separate sub menu on my stock unit, I can adjust the bass from the stock head unit.

I just want to get a little more thump out of the existing stock sub and don't want to install a large after market sub. I use my truck alot.

I don't need a remote wire, as the amp automatically will turn on when it sense a signal on the high level input.

I used this same setup in my M35 Infiniti a few years ago, but also had a 12" box sub in the trunk, but not sure in the Honda. I appreciate your input and Happy Thanksgiving

·
JaeDM
567 Posts

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Hello... I have a 2013 Honda Accord Touring with a factory sub & Nav. Can I connect the following:

1) Disconnect stock sub wires at the sub connector and connect directly to my after market mono amp (has high level inputs)
2) Then, run new speaker wires from my after market amp to my stock sub

Since the According Touring has a separate sub menu on my stock unit, I can adjust the bass from the stock head unit.

I just want to get a little more thump out of the existing stock sub and don't want to install a large after market sub. I use my truck alot.

I don't need a remote wire, as the amp automatically will turn on when it sense a signal on the high level input.

I used this same setup in my M35 Infiniti a few years ago, but also had a 12" box sub in the trunk, but not sure in the Honda. I appreciate your input and Happy Thanksgiving
Can you do it? Sure.

Should you do? Hell no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts