Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

3841 - 3860 of 3918 Posts
22 Posts
Going out on a limb here...

I have had a set of fresh, brand new never mounted Advan RS 17x9 +22 in my possession for well over 4 years (were going to be the wheel setup for my AP1 before I parted it out)

I have searched and searched for an answer to "will they fit" and found absolutely nothing...come close to "yea they may fit with modification (e.g. camber adjustment, fender rolling, relocating bumper tabs, etc.), so I am just going to mount them suckers up and see how they look.

Well, I should actually put tires on them but if they won't fit right, then I am not wasting money on tires that will never get used.

Anyone that has some first-hand knowledge, feel free to PM me or what not...if this setup can work then I will save a ton of money.

FYI...I will be running Tein Flex Z coilovers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all! I'm new to the forum and tried to find some answers but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know the wheel specs on a 2014 sport? I mainly need to know the min and max offset and hub size. Thanks in advance!

To be more specific, I am looking at wheels that are 18x8.5, +35 offset, 6.13 backspace, and a 73.1 centerbore. Should this be a problem? Again, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Going out on a limb here...

I have had a set of fresh, brand new never mounted Advan RS 17x9 +22 in my possession for well over 4 years (were going to be the wheel setup for my AP1 before I parted it out)

I have searched and searched for an answer to "will they fit" and found absolutely nothing...come close to "yea they may fit with modification (e.g. camber adjustment, fender rolling, relocating bumper tabs, etc.), so I am just going to mount them suckers up and see how they look.

Well, I should actually put tires on them but if they won't fit right, then I am not wasting money on tires that will never get used.

Anyone that has some first-hand knowledge, feel free to PM me or what not...if this setup can work then I will save a ton of money.

FYI...I will be running Tein Flex Z coilovers
Damn! Those are some beautiful rims. Their concavity is gorgeous. Yes, they can fit. However, it will require to run either a 225 or 235mm width tire in the front. Luckily, since their radius is so low, you can run a thick side wall without having to worry too much about curb rash. I love Advan rims. Personally, they have the most beautiful rims in the market, bar none. I have the RZII. Look below for tire and rim specs.

Here are some RS 19x9.0 et 29 on a TLX

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Folks-

Yes I am in the wrong forum- but didn't find too much over where I belong<g>.
I have an 8th Gen EX-L coupe in Silver. I always hated the split v 5 spoke rims. My car has 160K on it and I got the itch to finally change.

I really like the Konig Flow formed series, or possibly even to Oversteer rim. The Oversteer is at 21 lbs, while the flow formed rims are near 19 lbs each. I saw the new Ampliform at Town Fair Tire and it was the bronze, but didn't really look bronze. What I like is the Dark Graphite Gloss Ultraform in 7 spoke, just not sure if it would be too dark. The Hypergram also looks to be a good wheel as well, but its matte grey.
I was going to go with just a plus 1 to 18 inch, then I would need new TPMS and tires. DTD has an awesome price on the Cooper RS3-GS1 for no brainer money.

Since the 8th and 9th Gen coupes are fairly similar- I figure someone here might have something close. I started reading this thread from beginning- but am only up to page 34- so got a long way to finish.

I'm not sure if the straight spokes on the ultraform rim will give it too much of a tuner look, or if the Dark gloss graphite will be too dark for the silver body(which is why I don't want Black rims).

Thx
Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Finally got a chance to take some photos of my new summer set up.
Wheels: Braelin BR06 (19x8.5 +45)
Tires: Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 (245/40R19)​

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I want to get VarrsToen ES2 Staggered wheels (saw them here and liked the look a lot). I'm looking for 19X9.5 19X10.5 +22. May I install these if I'm not planning to do any modifications? Will it cause any issues like rubbing? I'm not planning to lower. Do I still need to roll or change anything? I'm driving Accord 2016 Ex-L-v6 Coupe. Is it better to get 18" or 19"?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's up guys got a 2013 accord on bags lookin at the esr sr02 18x9.5 35offset. 245/40/18 tires. Want a streched aggressive look. Will I get that look or any recommendations thanks bros!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Posted this in another thread these r RDX 18 OEM Rims of friend of mine upgrade his stock RDX so I got these off him wrapped in General Gmax 225/45/18 Tires looks good to me give the car a different look, was wiping it down left trunk open. New center caps ordered and on the way to complete look

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Got a set of slightly used Niche surge m112 19x8.5 +35 offset on Delinte 225 35 19 for my 2015 sport.
What's the widest tires i can go without rubbing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts

Avant Garde M510 20x10 +43mm
245/35/R20

Riding static on Megan Racing coilovers, almost tucking rim up front. I keep a forward rake on purpose, so the front of the car sits lower than the rear. The rears don't tuck very much. I think cars look weird when there's more wheel gap in the front than in the rear.

I did not need to roll my rear fenders, but I did have to pull my fronts. I did not want to run crazy camber up front, so I pulled the fronts and just put up with rubbing everywhere. It's been like this since I bought the car new and I've logged about 65k miles on this setup now. All the plastic bits in the inner fender that were in the way have melted off. And all the metal bits are shiny and polished with tire rubber, but it's healthy at this point because all the nonstop rubbing keeps the rust away.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im looking around for wheels to replace my setup and i found out that all the wheels that caught my eye have 35 offset. I know that the stock is about 50-55 offset.

HOW FAR CAN I GO WITHOUT HITTING MY FENDERS IF I WANT A TUCKED SETUP?

Currently I have 19.5x9. 5 Niche milan (not sure if its 40 or 45 offset) with 235/40 and i can hear it rubbing in the front sometimes esp when i hit a small dip and the car bounce and my fender liner have holes due to rubbing. I have Tein flex z btw already on hard damper setting. Im really want a new set of wheels.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Got a set of slightly used Niche surge m112 19x8.5 +35 offset on Delinte 225 35 19 for my 2015 sport.
What's the widest tires i can go without rubbing?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
I think with 8.5 rims and keeping speedometer in mind 245 is safe (that's what I'm going next month from 235 to 245), I think you may go 255 but not sure if that run with your lowered. However, I would like to see how others are running.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,426 Posts

Avant Garde M510 20x10 +43mm
245/35/R20

Riding static on Megan Racing coilovers, almost tucking rim up front. I keep a forward rake on purpose, so the front of the car sits lower than the rear. The rears don't tuck very much. I think cars look weird when there's more wheel gap in the front than in the rear.

I did not need to roll my rear fenders, but I did have to pull my fronts. I did not want to run crazy camber up front, so I pulled the fronts and just put up with rubbing everywhere. It's been like this since I bought the car new and I've logged about 65k miles on this setup now. All the plastic bits in the inner fender that were in the way have melted off. And all the metal bits are shiny and polished with tire rubber, but it's healthy at this point because all the nonstop rubbing keeps the rust away.
To me cars look "weird" if there is less wheel gap on top, than in the front and rear of the tire. Looks to me like the suspension is busted.

At least you admit that your tires are rubbing everywhere. Most people deny it. Good for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2018 Accord Sport 19's on 2017 EX-L V6 w/ Honda Sensing

I am going to purchase a set of 2018 Accord Sport 19's today and wanted to see if anyone has heard of any fitment issues for these wheels on a 2017 accord. I have seen a couple pictures online of this setup and it looked to fit fine.

I also have a couple general wheel upgrade questions:

1) Should I have a shop mount the new wheels, or would it be OK to just bolt them on since they were already balanced on the original accord (they have the original tires on them)?
2) Is there any car system calibration required when going from OEM 17's to OEM 19's? Like TPMS or Honda Sensing systems.

3841 - 3860 of 3918 Posts