Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

3901 - 3912 of 3912 Posts

·
sfdsafsdafdfsadf
8 Posts
I’m looking at a deal for these rims that have these tires on them

Xxr 527 18x9.75 33
Tires 265/35/18

currently not dropped but planning to drop 1.5-2Inches.

My concern is fitment now, and fitment issues when I drop?

312F5BC4-9897-45DA-BFDE-4C39A38CD452.jpeg

·
^^vv<><>BA
11,931 Posts

Xxr 527 18x9.75 33
Tires 265/35/18

View attachment 515171
Compared to your Kyowa wheels,

2014 EX-L White Orchid Pearl.
Installed HID Head Lights.
Replaced fog lights that burnt out.
Window tint 18% all around.
Kyowa KR228 18x8.5 +30

the new wheels will stick out 13mm more and because they're wider they'll also extend 19mm further inwards than before.

·
sfdsafsdafdfsadf
8 Posts
Compared to your Kyowa wheels,

the new wheels will stick out 13mm more and because they're wider they'll also extend 19mm further inwards than before.
not currently on those wheels I’m on a 18x8.
now with what you said, should I be worried about anything?I will drop soon and will have fenders pull and rolled

·
Registered
54 Posts
not currently on those wheels I’m on a 18x8.
now with what you said, should I be worried about anything?I will drop soon and will have fenders pull and rolled
What are you planning to drop it on? If you get coilovers and the rear camber arms, you may be able to run some negative camber if it does rub. Based on that tire size, width, and offset, I think it will. You will for sure on sharp turns, bumps, and/or if you're carrying passengers.

·
CD5 to CR2
187 Posts

Xxr 527 18x9.75 33
Tires 265/35/18

Definitely going to poke with that setup on stock, most likely rub when lowered. You're better off stretching a thinner tire (and some negative camber) if you don't want any fitment issues. I'm no wheel expert so do your own research before you commit. I'm just speaking from setups I've seen over the years so it just depends on what look you're going for and if you prefer form over function.

·
Registered
57 Posts
17x7 Enkie PF01 (15.8 lb) ET 48. 225/55/17 Continental DWS-06 Tires. 2014 Sport 6-speed

About 13 lbs lighter per corner than the factory 18 wheel/tire. Could def feel a difference in acceleration. Smoother ride, quieter etc.

·
sfdsafsdafdfsadf
8 Posts
What are you planning to drop it on? If you get coilovers and the rear camber arms, you may be able to run some negative camber if it does rub. Based on that tire size, width, and offset, I think it will. You will for sure on sharp turns, bumps, and/or if you're carrying passengers.
Planning on dropping with megan ezii coils.

Definitely going to poke with that setup on stock, most likely rub when lowered. You're better off stretching a thinner tire (and some negative camber) if you don't want any fitment issues. I'm no wheel expert so do your own research before you commit. I'm just speaking from setups I've seen over the years so it just depends on what look you're going for and if you prefer form over function.
I'm sticking with function. Not planning on a big drop. 1-1.5. And what tire would you recommend running. Since I'm going to drop and this setup might be too much.

·
CD5 to CR2
187 Posts
I'm sticking with function. Not planning on a big drop. 1-1.5. And what tire would you recommend running. Since I'm going to drop and this setup might be too much.
I'd probably stay away from those wheels then. They're basically 10" wide. Trying to get those to fit at least 'flush' will be a headache unless you want to tinker with tire stretch and neg camber. I wouldn't go wider than 9", 8.5" even to be safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have pictures of front fender fitments 19x8.5 +30 or similar 9.5 +45 with a negative camber close to -1.5?

Just trying to get a better view of the poke my accord might have if lowered by only 2in.
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
2016 Sport in Modern Steel. Since our roads are minefields once potholes start popping, and I drive to and from work mostly in the dark- I wanted to get some taller sidewalls for Winter. I also have a 3 mile ascent to get home and again a descent to go anywhere.

I got a set through Discount Tire and picked up 4 Cooper True North's and 4 Konig Oversteer in black. I just test fitted them so I have no surprises when its time to put them on. I also brought out the scale to weigh incoming and outgoing.
19 inch Sport wheels with OEM Conti's are 55 pounds a corner, while the new setup of Cooper/Konig is 47 pounds a corner wahoo!

I have a set of Oversteers left from my 09 Coupe, and when I bought those- I hated what the black looked like against a Silver car, so I got the chromish Opal finish. Now having the gloss black against the charcoal car- its amazing how it looks. The Cooper True Norths I had picked up a set last year for wifes Pilot, and was happy with them.
I didn't drive on them- as I only tried the drivers side.

Chris
I'll try posting some pics:
IMG_20191013_083812.jpg
IMG_20191013_085714.jpg
IMG_20191013_090310.jpg
IMG_20191013_091150.jpg

3901 - 3912 of 3912 Posts