Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
It will be the same as a drop in k&n filter. Wouldn't be my first choice for a mod. Most of the restriction in the stock airbox is from the convoluted ducting and resonators. The takeda short ram intake would give far better throttle response, sound and slightly more power. Spend another $135 and get your baby something nice :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Drop in filters are almost worthless for the money you pay. Best bet would be a SRI or CAI. I've had first hand experience with drop in filters.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Faster response is a placebo effect. Don't waste your money.
I beg to differ. I noticed a huge improvement in blipping the throttle to rev match. It's also physically easier for the engine to **** out of a short straight straw versus a long crushed one.

Of course unless you we're talking about the drop in replacement filters... Then nevermind lol

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the aftermarket SRI in the market right now are not CARB legal. I guess I'll wait for until they get it approve.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It will be the same as a drop in k&n filter. Wouldn't be my first choice for a mod. Most of the restriction in the stock airbox is from the convoluted ducting and resonators. The takeda short ram intake would give far better throttle response, sound and slightly more power. Spend another $135 and get your baby something nice :)
Could you post the link for the part?
I cant find anything for the 2013 accord.

·
Registered
884 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just simple replacement. Will this be better than the OEM one? I know it won't do anything as for as HP, but customer reviews notice faster throttle response? Anyone know if this is worth it?

http://www.autoanything.com/air-fil...ngid=274x341&gclid=CPT96LyihLoCFeV0QgodLwkApA
Just called AFE direct. They have no panel dry filters. That part number by autoanything is not confirmed by AFE. It looks like for the 2012 accord.
Other Air intake options for 2013 looks like Injen SRI or AFe retain intakes.
I think Injen is carb legal. Do your Research.

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is a Sport model, Injen website only list V6.

Just called AFE direct. They have no panel dry filters. That part number by autoanything is not confirmed by AFE. It looks like for the 2012 accord.
Other Air intake options for 2013 looks like Injen SRI or AFe retain intakes.
I think Injen is carb legal. Do your Research.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts