Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing plenty of research on aftermarket audio for the 9th gen accord, I wanted to compile all the important links I found into a single thread. Hope this helps someone.

Door panel removal

Rear tray removal
Wiring Diagram

Sound Deadening Doors

More Sound Deadening of Doors
Rear Deck Rattle Fix
ANC disable
OEM Factory Tweeter mount part #'s
Wiring harness, dash kit, speaker harnesses
RTA info
trevordj's stereo project
LOC install
LCQ1 and LC7i wiring

As for speaker options, many are running the Polk DB6501 or the DXi6501 upfront with no fitment issues after using a 3/4 spacer. Sound deadening on the doors and rear shelf is highly recommended. Below is a general list of what may or may not be needed depending on what your budget and needs are. For better RCA's check out Stinger HPM3 on ebay. For the big 3 upgrade, it may be better to peice your own kit together. I plan to add to this post the factory speaker mounting dimensions and which 6.5's in addition to the polks will fit without having to cut into the door frame.

Polk Audio DB6501 - $127.60
Polk Audio DB651s - $64.99
Audio control LC7i -$140
Speaker Mounting Brackets - $11.99
Speaker Mounting Brackets with Adapters - $20
Very good Amp kit for the money if 0 AWG is needed - $94.95
Speaker Wire - $14.83
RCA cables - $6.60 per pair
Big 3 upgrade kit - $49.99
Fatmat sound deadener
- $54.99

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I was going to pull the trigger on the Fatmat but I found out its an asphalt and rubber mix... I don't think I will be pleased with the smell.... Anyone know brands that uses butyl ONLY thats cheap?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was going to pull the trigger on the Fatmat but I found out its an asphalt and rubber mix... I don't think I will be pleased with the smell.... Anyone know brands that uses butyl ONLY thats cheap?
I was at this sound installer asking general questions and one installer mentioned Stinger Roadkill...although from what I read up on it, 2 of 6 reviews smelled an odor during the warmer months...so maybe just depending on your location it may not be as bad? :dunno:

·
Registered
495 Posts
that and deadner dont go together.

neway i just got this but havnt installed it yet.
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KNO-RC2

bxt 2 i hear is great but took 15 days to get to me, so u cant be impatient about getting it.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I've always used SoundDeadenerShowdown and SecondSkin. There's a few others out there. Check out DIYMA forums for more

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Excellent post. Pretty much covers what I had done to my car, except for LOC and sound processors. I used SoundDeadenerShowdown for all of my supplies. Very good business.

Reactions: Ck369

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Great job... Wish this was around when I was building and installing my system. PLEASE STICKY MODS!!!!

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please sticky if needed.

·
Clutch
45 Posts
I was at this sound installer asking general questions and one installer mentioned Stinger Roadkill...although from what I read up on it, 2 of 6 reviews smelled an odor during the warmer months...so maybe just depending on your location it may not be as bad? :dunno:
Stinger Roadkill works great and does not really smell and I live in AZ (118 in the summer). I lined my front doors and some around the rear speakers.

·
Quebec NorthPole
58 Posts
Here's the new setup for my Sport. Done by my local Soundman, AutoAcoustique, we have installed :

4x Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers powered by a Alpine MRP-F600 4x100w rms Amp.
2x 12" Orion Subwoofers powered by a KAC-8015D 500w rms Amp.
Custom Sealed Subwoofer Box with a False wall for a clean Setup.

The amplifiers are mounted on the backside of the back seats.

Reactions: Honeygrilledbamboo

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice and clean. :thmsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
ANC and Aftermarket Speakers

hank you for the posts on the DSP setting and audio problems. I have a 2014 Accord Touring and just installed 4 aftermarket speakers (left the original subwoofer). At 2000 RPM it sounded like there was a motorcycle inside my car. Setting the DSP to Flat/On seems to have solved this. I'm going to call Honda America and see if they have any other recommendations. The new speakers sound much better than the OEM's so I hope I don't have to recent back the the originals so the ANC will function properly.

Frankly I can't understand why changing these speakers causes this problem with the ANC?

·
Mod it or don't drive it
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hank you for the posts on the DSP setting and audio problems. I have a 2014 Accord Touring and just installed 4 aftermarket speakers (left the original subwoofer). At 2000 RPM it sounded like there was a motorcycle inside my car. Setting the DSP to Flat/On seems to have solved this. I'm going to call Honda America and see if they have any other recommendations. The new speakers sound much better than the OEM's so I hope I don't have to recent back the the originals so the ANC will function properly.

Frankly I can't understand why changing these speakers causes this problem with the ANC?
Did you disconnect the ANC harness? Try that and see if it makes it better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the excellent post!

Dumb question.....I'm installing Focal 5 1/4" speakers in the front doors and rear deck. I got the Scosche SAHC634 adapters to facilitate the install. There is a very obvious gap between the speaker and the adapter. Do I need to find a way to fill that gap? How much loss will I experience if I don't?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Accord Aftermarket Speakers

New to the forum here. Can anyone confirm for me if the Polk Audio DB651s speakers will fit in the front doors of my 2014 Accord LX? Thanks in advance.

Ed C

·
Registered
5 Posts
After doing plenty of research on aftermarket audio for the 9th gen accord, I wanted to compile all the important links I found into a single thread. Hope this helps someone.

Door panel removal

Rear tray removal
Wiring Diagram

Sound Deadening Doors

More Sound Deadening of Doors
Rear Deck Rattle Fix
ANC disable
OEM Factory Tweeter mount part #'s
Wiring harness, dash kit, speaker harnesses
RTA info
trevordj's stereo project
LOC install
LCQ1 and LC7i wiring

As for speaker options, many are running the Polk DB6501 or the DXi6501 upfront with no fitment issues after using a 3/4 spacer. Sound deadening on the doors and rear shelf is highly recommended. Below is a general list of what may or may not be needed depending on what your budget and needs are. For better RCA's check out Stinger HPM3 on ebay. For the big 3 upgrade, it may be better to peice your own kit together. I plan to add to this post the factory speaker mounting dimensions and which 6.5's in addition to the polks will fit without having to cut into the door frame.

Polk Audio DB6501 - $127.60
Polk Audio DB651s - $64.99
Audio control LC7i -$140
Speaker Mounting Brackets - $11.99
Speaker Mounting Brackets with Adapters - $20
Very good Amp kit for the money if 0 AWG is needed - $94.95
Speaker Wire - $14.83
RCA cables - $6.60 per pair
Big 3 upgrade kit - $49.99
Fatmat sound deadener
- $54.99

hi ! do you know if i can run the power wire from my amp to the battery with out drilling a whole through the fire wall?
and if the focal krx2s will fit in the speaker spot of the door?
best regards,
andrew

1 - 20 of 64 Posts