Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1132 Posts

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,372 Posts
@stiller fan Congrats! You're halfway to needing another instrument cluster (or setting it back to zero). What's the status of your transmission swap?
Hoping/possibly by next week at latest.

Hoping it holds up til then...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TX Accord

·
14,372 Posts
What's the CEL all about? Did Michelangelo forgot to photoshop over it while being busy on drawing those line on all the zzzzzeeeeeerrrrrrooooeeeessss ??
Cat converter.

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Pilot without a plane
678 Posts
So we can safely say that at 3 hundred some engine is junk, at 500 tranny needs an operation, and the cat has died ?
Not this J series.

In my case, when you're a dummy and don't change fluid as you should. 2nd tranny testing 500k now.

Poo happens.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Not this J series.

In my case, when you're a dummy and don't change fluid as you should. 2nd tranny testing 500k now.

Poo happens.
Well that's obvious, however from stiller's data thus so far this is what we're looking at I guess.
What other high mileage ballers have to say about reliability, wear and tear. Two things needs to be clarified is an engine and type of transmission.

·
14,372 Posts
Well that's obvious, however from stiller's data thus so far this is what we're looking at I guess.
What other high mileage ballers have to say about reliability, wear and tear. Two things needs to be clarified is an engine and type of transmission.
Let's be fair here:

Engine died last year cause of me, no other reason.

The cat converter has been replaced in my 07 coupe, 07 sedan, and now pending on this one, all due to oil burning.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Let's be fair here:

Engine died last year cause of me, no other reason.

The cat converter has been replaced in my 07 coupe, 07 sedan, and now pending on this one, all due to oil burning.

I must of missed that part, what did you do to it ?

·
14,372 Posts
I must of missed that part, what did you do to it ?
Misshifted her twice on highway. 7500-8000RPMs.

·
14,372 Posts
No rev limiter? How many more miles do you want out of the Accord? Do you have a timeline for a replacement?
Mechanical overrev. Limiter wouldn't have helped.

Not sure about how much longer I'll drive her yet.

Maybe 2 years, maybe longer.

Reactions: TX Accord and 14v6

·
2016 Accord Coupe EX-L
144 Posts
2016 Accord Coupe EXL 2.4 L with CVT. 160,000 miles. Mostly highway miles and it runs as good as the day I drove it off the lot. No mechanical issues whatsoever.

1081 - 1100 of 1132 Posts