Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1181 - 1200 of 1253 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
^^You may want to think twice if you're not having issues. I've be car shopping last few months. Newer cars are just not the same as the pre 2017 models. Too much tech, various issues with turbo engines. In fact, I don't even fit int he new accord with the center stack redesign (look up accord/knee issues).

Wish we got the 6 cyl model back in 2015 instead of the 4. It would of easily been a car for a decade or more.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
^^You may want to think twice if you're not having issues. I've be car shopping last few months. Newer cars are just not the same as the pre 2017 models. Too much tech, various issues with turbo engines. In fact, I don't even fit int he new accord with the center stack redesign (look up accord/knee issues).

Wish we got the 6 cyl model back in 2015 instead of the 4. It would of easily been a car for a decade or more.
The Accord has been awesome but I've just come to accept that it's not replaceable. Accord 2.0t is ugly, a 4 banger and has wheels that would be frustrating to own, Camry's are expensive and that moonroof can cost 12k to fix, TRD Camry has that stupid wing is way to boy racerish. That leaves the Kia, but it's a Kia,. So glad to have had it. Put 9k miles on it since February visiting the kids in college. I have a 20 Passport, 21 RAV4 and a 15 CRV. Accord has the highest insurance, has developed the starter issue, a very, very slight oil seep (probably from the main seal) and the timing belt should be due. I'm just waiting for my daughter to return from her summer job so we can move to 3 cars when she goes back to school. We are passing down the CRV to our other daughter whom ironically, just started working for GM so I'm sure there is a Chevy in her future.. I will miss the smoothness and effortless power of the Accord while still returning the best MPG's of all our cars.. I just changed the ATF today, pairing down some of the fluids I still have left over. I keep on flip flopping as to whether I need a truck again, another sedan for fun factor or just use the Passport. I'll probably just use the Passport I really like it except for 2 things, it's slow and boring. I check the KBB every day and the Accord is starting to drop, the things we do for our kids:rolleyes:. Sorry you didn't get the V6. When I got the Accord I was actually at the dealer to do a deal on the Crosstour but when I looked at the Accord I loved the simple, classy looks. I never got tired of driving the Accord.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,621 Posts
588.5k miles.

1600+ miles in 40 hours, with naps mixed in.

~4000 miles since monday.

Time to rest...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
14,621 Posts
Trip to Canada any time soon????
I wish...

That said, need to renew my passport.

·
14,621 Posts
I am like your personal assistant, what would you do without me???
Help me push my car to bump start it after the starter dies?

·
14,621 Posts

·
14,621 Posts
That's why you should always park on the hill facing down slope
Luckily, that's how I park at my house...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yes, but you'd have to upgrade that to a bigger sammich. I got stuck in snow in a rental in PA on way home from Ikea few years back, and yes we were lost looking for wendy's.

·
14,621 Posts
Does that common starter issue applies to 9th gens with standard transmission?
Not sure.

I mean, people here speculated that the 4 cylinder had an average life of 339k miles when I blew it up. I feel it could have gone longer, if I had been more careful. The transmission may have gone longer as well, if it hadn't been for that leaky axle seal spring of 2020.

Keep in mind, I'm on the original front axles and wheel bearings, original brake calipers on right side (???), yet have replaced radiator due to highway crud.

In other words, I wouldn't use my car as a benchmark. My results aren't typical.

Reactions: Cepega

·
14,621 Posts
Not the trans, the starter was the question about on man equipped trans vehicle.
I wish I could be more helpful.

I would guess that the AT/CVT models have higher failure rate, due to sheer numbers, versus the rare MT models.

1181 - 1200 of 1253 Posts