Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 7 hours of waiting at the dealership, my trunk lock/latch assembly was replaced as it was not working earlier. But now that I have my car "fixed" the trunk won't pop open with the key fob or the trunk release button. I'm sure it's a programming issue, have not found any post or any info on the net concerning programming the key or at least making the fob work to pop my trunk.

Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you in advance.

Ps. no i do not want to go back to the dealership to have this done, they are horrible, terrible experience.

UPDATE: the issue has been fixed, ventured out into the car, literally as i went into the fuse box and other components and did some trial and error and finally when i was giving up. the trunk opened. My suggestion to anyone with a similar issue give it time and cycle on/off the trunk main switch in the glove compartment. It seemed to do the trick.

· Banned
457 Posts
UPDATE: the issue has been fixed, ventured out into the car, literally as i went into the fuse box and other components and did some trial and error and finally when i was giving up. the trunk opened. My suggestion to anyone with a similar issue give it time and cycle on/off the trunk main switch in the glove compartment. It seemed to do the trick.
And now you should go back to the IDIOT dealer and tell them they owe you $$ for wasting your time trying to fix it and failing. I am sure you took time from work or your personal life to deal with this right? I mean, if you use their time they charge you a premium right? Whats your time worth?

Accountability is on fair after you paid their asking price for their product.

· EarthDreams
789 Posts
After 7 hours of waiting at the dealership, my trunk lock/latch assembly was replaced as it was not working earlier. But now that I have my car "fixed" the trunk won't pop open with the key fob or the trunk release button. I'm sure it's a programming issue, have not found any post or any info on the net concerning programming the key or at least making the fob work to pop my trunk.

Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you in advance.

Ps. no i do not want to go back to the dealership to have this done, they are horrible, terrible experience.

Glad to hear it's fixed!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And now you should go back to the IDIOT dealer and tell them they owe you $$ for wasting your time trying to fix it and failing. I am sure you took time from work or your personal life to deal with this right? I mean, if you use their time they charge you a premium right? Whats your time worth?

Accountability is on fair after you paid their asking price for their product.
Funny thing is, they didn't even give me any paper work or anything to fill out afterwards. Will be making a couple calls to the head honchos at Honda Motor Co. see if they can get some action on their end, plus even funnier/pathetic is the fact that they begged me to give them 5 stars on the survey I'm supposed to be receiving in the email.. lol
It was just a hassle, 7 hours I'll never get back, but it's fixed and won't be going back there anytime soon.

· Registered
1,355 Posts
Funny thing is, they didn't even give me any paper work or anything to fill out afterwards. Will be making a couple calls to the head honchos at Honda Motor Co. see if they can get some action on their end, plus even funnier/pathetic is the fact that they begged me to give them 5 stars on the survey I'm supposed to be receiving in the email.. lol
It was just a hassle, 7 hours I'll never get back, but it's fixed and won't be going back there anytime soon.

YOu should be getting a phone call survey from an Unknown Number

· Registered
31 Posts
You definitely should follow up with corporate. The dealership I go to always has the tech come out and show you what he did, and they always confirm with you that the problem is fixed by having the tech go for a test drive with you, or in this case, making sure that everything works before returning the car to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.