Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 4596 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people so I was at work (honda) and it was raining and I said lets find out some answers. I went to a tech and we had a sport and ex-l v-6 side by side. So all the people wondering if it can be done well sorta....LEDs are 3pin regular are 2pin so you would have to do some splicing and wiring with the harness. I dont know if its worth all the trouble for just LED running lights.? opinions and input please. also if your a tech more input would be helpful.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok people so I was at work (honda) and it was raining and I said lets find out some answers. I went to a tech and we had a sport and ex-l v-6 side by side. So all the people wondering if it can be done well sorta....LEDs are 3pin regular are 2pin so you would have to do some splicing and wiring with the harness. I dont know if its worth all the trouble for just LED running lights.? opinions and input please. also if your a tech more input would be helpful.
I'm looking into buy a 2013 Accord, so, I've been looking up on certain things. But from what I can see ... the LED's are a 3 pin (an extra wire) because it functions as a DRL. However, on the lower model Accords, it is a 2-pin because it is activated/used for only parking lights (high-beams are the DRL). If the LED running lights are what you're looking for, it should be possible to get a connector that works with them, and use only 2 wires for power and ground... but it would work as "parking lights" and your high beams would still be your DRL's. I'm not 100% sure on this ... but, from what I remember looking at the diagram, I think that is why there is a difference between the 3-pin and 2-pin.

I'm also looking into putting the rear LED taillights onto a Sport. So far, looks not too hard, just a connector issue...but, I guess i'll find out when/if I get to do it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are we talking about the daytime running LEDs or the actual led headlights that only comes with the touring model? Also, do you know the prices for the headlight assemblies of the v6 and of the touring?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking into buy a 2013 Accord, so, I've been looking up on certain things. But from what I can see ... the LED's are a 3 pin (an extra wire) because it functions as a DRL. However, on the lower model Accords, it is a 2-pin because it is activated/used for only parking lights (high-beams are the DRL). If the LED running lights are what you're looking for, it should be possible to get a connector that works with them, and use only 2 wires for power and ground... but it would work as "parking lights" and your high beams would still be your DRL's. I'm not 100% sure on this ... but, from what I remember looking at the diagram, I think that is why there is a difference between the 3-pin and 2-pin.

I'm also looking into putting the rear LED taillights onto a Sport. So far, looks not too hard, just a connector issue...but, I guess i'll find out when/if I get to do it.
Thats what he told me yesterday if you do it you would have to have them on when parking lights are on. which is kinda stupid IMO. The led tails what would you have to do with them to make them work I havent looked at those we took a peak and he was like should be possible. Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thats what he told me yesterday if you do it you would have to have them on when parking lights are on. which is kinda stupid IMO. The led tails what would you have to do with them to make them work I havent looked at those we took a peak and he was like should be possible. Thanks
For the LED taillights, it looks like its a simple matter of swapping connectors and rewiring the order that it goes in. For example, the regular bulb taillights are 4 pin connectors, however, one of them is not used. The led connector are three pins, but in a different order. So, when changing out the connectors to the ones that properly fit, its just making sure u put them in the correct order. (This is only for the very outer connector, the inner LED connector, I believe are both 2-pin but again different connectors shapes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
9G Headlight Discussion Thread: light bulb upgrades + swap to Touring LED headlights

Thinking about changing my headlight and fog light bulbs to PIAA Xtreme white bulbs. Has anyone used them before?

·
Corvalis TTX
5,576 Posts
Thinking about changing my headlight and fog light bulbs to PIAA Xtreme white bulbs. Has anyone used them before?
I wouldn't touch a PIAA bulb. They're overpriced junk.

For your low beam, assuming it is H11, is best upgraded with an H9. Do not use an H9 in fog lights thought. There will be a lot of glare because the H9 has no bulb tip shielding.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
870 Posts
I would like someone to see if the Touring headlights will work on the exl v6. I don't mind paying more as long as it's done right. I don't feel like taking anything apart

Reactions: Bkord123

·
loving the V6 growl :D
567 Posts
Someone here said (other thread) thatthe Touring assembly is not that expensive. We need to know how the connections are--- then if its possible its easy to replace a headlight assembly

I hope that someone will post the link so we can research it more

I wouldn't touch a PIAA bulb. They're overpriced junk.

For your low beam, assuming it is H11, is best upgraded with an H9. Do not use an H9 in fog lights thought. There will be a lot of glare because the H9 has no bulb tip shielding.
Hey Markus, small world.. Lol.. I know that username at HIdplanet... :thumbsup:

Hey, could you explain a bit if you have some info about the touring LED headlights? I honestly don't want to buy the touring for some couple of upgrades but I realllllly want one.. Do you think it's just a matter of connector differences? I would assume its heatsink'd from the inside...

Guys, we are privileges here.. :) this guy is very knowledgeable about lights.. Hooyahhh! :thmsup:

BUMP!!!!

searching the college hills HONDA and it looks like the poster before was correct. The headlight assembly is only $230.00/side--- HA!!! that's so cheap..:nuts:

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/parts-catalog/honda/accord/2013/4dr-tour/ka6at/electrical-exhaust-heater-fuel/headlight-2

If anyone wants to add some info so we can take a look how it operates inside.. I'm hoping this is a simple swap and that we only need a correct relay in order for this LED headlight operate.

:yes:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hmm, I have a slight interest in this upgrade but will wait for someone else to be the guinea pig for this one:naughty:

·
Shake 'N Bake
26 Posts
I drove the Touring model and the lights just weren't bright enough to warrant the purchase to me. My '03 I converted to Angel Eyes with a HID add-on and they were brighter than the Touring model. Plus, I've noticed that the normal light puts out a nice field of light. I'd rather pay $200 and convert them to a HID set up than to go with the LED set up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is the HB the LED?
Also where are you getting the diagrams and parts numbers?
is a service manual available yet for the 2013?
I have the V6-EXL.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Nice link. Looks to be do-able. A few questions to ponder that I do not expect you to answer unless you are a Honda technician or have some experience with this.

I assume the headlight assy includes the LED bulbs? Plug n play?? I'll not be the first to try this mod though I like the idea. Any clue on tha LED DRL strip, does that appear to be included? Do the LED head lights self level and are motors or adjusters included if they do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
what about for coupe buyers? Would you have to purchase from Canada and ship to the US?

·
Car Enthusiast
140 Posts
Is the HB the LED?
is a service manual available yet for the 2013?
I have the V6-EXL.
The Hb3/9005 for the Accord Touring is the bulb for the "Hi-beams."

I'm searching but haven't run into an available download service manual for the 2013 Accord.

I'll post it up as soon as get access to them :thmsup:

For your '13 Accord EXL V6, here's what I found:
Low Beam: H11
Hi-Beam: Hb3/9005
Turn-signal: 12v 2cp

I can't seem to find the DRL spec..

1 - 20 of 4596 Posts