Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
3021 - 3040 of 4616 Posts

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
The only thing that svcks about the COB strip is that appears yellow when off. BLEGH!

And only one brightness setting.
VERY true :(

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Maybe install a thin piece of thin white polycarbonate. That would mask some of the yellowness, but that may also decrease the intensity of the light.

Some of the newer Hyundai's (Santa Fe, Genesis sedan) use this method. It doesn't look very distinguished during the daytime since the light intensity is less than the Accord OEM DRLs.

But then again, I don't know how bright these COB LEDs are. I haven't seen one in person. I might order some just to play with although I have no use or applications for the lights.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Maybe install a thin piece of thin white polycarbonate. That would mask some of the yellowness, but that may also decrease the intensity of the light.
Yep.....:( but oh well haven't decided yet

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi everyone

first post...read through the entire thread and i've been looking for the brightest and whitest LED for fogs...but under $60...what are the next best things after the VLED CXA's...which i know run for $120?

also...i thought i saw glen post that he was able install HID's in his fogs and was able to point the lights downwards so that it doesn't blind oncoming traffic...maybe i was reading something else...anybody have success at all w/ HID's in fogs? thanks for all the help!

oh also forgot...anybody ever try these before? they supposedly use the same CXA1512 CREE lights as the VLED CXA's...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-1800LM-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bfdfecc7&vxp=mtr

forgot to mention that i have the 2013 accord sport...

·
?????
218 Posts
hi everyone

first post...read through the entire thread and i've been looking for the brightest and whitest LED for fogs...but under $60...what are the next best things after the VLED CXA's...which i know run for $120?

also...i thought i saw glen post that he was able install HID's in his fogs and was able to point the lights downwards so that it doesn't blind oncoming traffic...maybe i was reading something else...anybody have success at all w/ HID's in fogs? thanks for all the help!

oh also forgot...anybody ever try these before? they supposedly use the same CXA1512 CREE lights as the VLED CXA's...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-1800LM-H...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bfdfecc7&vxp=mtr

forgot to mention that i have the 2013 accord sport...

you can do HID on your fogs.. it wont blind anyone. the reflective housing on the fogs are that bad. i got HIDs on my foglights and i dont blind oncoming traffic at all. i like the setup where all my lights matches color. and whats better then matching color then to go with the same HID kit for your headlights :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah i got 2 sets of the HID's in the a la carte thread...i intended to match the low beams w the fogs...but then i read that the fogs would blind ppl...

i'd be paying someone to install the fog HID's for me since i have no experience w cars at all...so i didn't want to have to have them remove it and put the orig halogens back in...

·
Registered
8 Posts
^ THIS only applies to the Sedan fog lights.

However, the same does not hold true for the Coupe people.

The Coupe fog lights are blinding with HIDs.

Good to know! Thanks guys! I'll have matching HID low beams and fogs!

I guess the next question would be:

Does anyone have HID's for their 1) Low Beam 2) High Beam AND 3) Fog?

If so, on the Sport Sedan, what would the HID look like when the DRL is on? Or would you guys recommend pulling the fuse on that? Thanks!

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
I guess the next question would be:

Does anyone have HID's for their 1) Low Beam 2) High Beam AND 3) Fog?

If so, on the Sport Sedan, what would the HID look like when the DRL is on? Or would you guys recommend pulling the fuse on that? Thanks!
Hid on drl.. pull the fuse. Or use led

·
Registered
22 Posts
does anyone with a coupe have their taillights blacked out/smoked/tinted? I'm thinking about doing mine but am not sure, especially with the two light strips at the bottom of the bumper.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Got my V6 headlights (both sides)! :banana:

Tested the LEDs and they are working, now I need to get the pigtails/metal pins for the connectors to complete this install! :banana:

I want to thank 34Skyline, on2, and DRK92 for their time taking pictures and answering my questions!! :)

Some one will ask questions to these answers:

New or used? Used - perfect condition :naughty:
Price? $230 shipped, $115 each headlight! Looked on eBay everyday for 4 months. :banana::banana:
Where? eBay

Anyone know which wire is for DRL on the high beam connectors? I was thinking about tapping into that for full bright V6 LEDs. But I am unsure if it'll be full bright since the DRL(on non-LEDs) receives half the power 6V instead of 12V?

It looks yellow in the picture but its pure white in person.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Got my V6 headlights (both sides)! :banana:

Tested the LEDs and they are working, now I need to get the pigtails/metal pins for the connectors to complete this install! :banana:

I want to thank 34Skyline, on2, and DRK92 for their time taking pictures and answering my questions!! :)

Anyone know which wire is for DRL on the high beam connectors? I was thinking about tapping into that for full bright V6 LEDs. But I am unsure if it'll be full bright since the DRL(on non-LEDs) receives half the power 6V instead of 12V?

It looks yellow in the picture but its pure white in person.
You need a relay to switch between DRL LOW and DRL HIGH. The diagram is on page 5 or 6 of this thread I think.

When I did my initial testing before installation. The 6V signal works fine on either DRL LOW or DRL HIGH leads.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I couldn't wait (too excited) so I installed the headlights. Right now it turns on when car is ON and/or engine running. No dim right now. So this is temporary while I get the wiring together for dim.

Again, The DRL LEDs are actually white, not even a hint of yellow.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Looks very nice. I did the same thing when I got my Touring headlights. I just rigged it to DRL HIGH at all times till I figured out the harness/relay.

Caution though: at night the DRL HIGH setting is blinding. I got flashed quite a bit running around like that.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Looks very nice. I did the same thing when I got my Touring headlights. I just rigged it to DRL HIGH at all times till I figured out the harness/relay.

Caution though: at night the DRL HIGH setting is blinding. I got flashed quite a bit running around like that.
Yes so much better! more luxury-look.

I didn't think these DRL will be able to blind people at night on high :paranoid:

I am still learning on how to do the Relay wiring so after I understand how to wire it then I will be able to use the dim setting.

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Yes so much better! more luxury-look.

I didn't think these DRL will be able to blind people at night on high :paranoid:

I am still learning on how to do the Relay wiring so after I understand how to wire it then I will be able to use the dim setting.
Oh yes, just go out and look at it at night then look at it from a lower angle. Super bright!

3021 - 3040 of 4616 Posts