Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

4581 - 4600 of 4605 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I purchased the Auxito H11 LED 16,000 Lumens (8,000 per bulb) from Amazon. The bulbs are nice and bright, good light distribution, it was only $49.99 with two year warranty.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi,

As requested here are some shots on a dark road. I did not make any adjustments to the beam this is stock height.

1. I would say these are sharper and brighter than my Xenon Depot HIDs, also it shoots light further down the road.
2. The cutoff on these is also better than my Xenon Depot HIDs.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Hi,

As requested here are some shots on a dark road. I did not make any adjustments to the beam this is stock height.

1. I would say these are sharper and brighter than my Xenon Depot HIDs, also it shoots light further down the road.
2. The cutoff on these is also better than my Xenon Depot HIDs.

View attachment 517702 View attachment 517703
Looks good!!!

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
221 Posts
Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
I believe so. They don't mention temperature.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Noted. I’ll add these to my list of things to try next. Cutoffs look really good and there doesn’t appear to be much glare (#bars) but I have to ask — have you been flashed by oncoming drivers or anything with these installed?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,591 Posts
. . . I have to ask — have you been flashed by oncoming drivers or anything with these installed?
Not even once.
Which means absolutely nothing.

Do you flash people with glaring HID/LED bulbs? I don't because I know they're either not going to know why they're being flashed or they won't do anything about the bulbs. If someone flashed you due to your glaring bulbs, are you going to change them out when you get home? Will you even care? I'm going to say no.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
221 Posts
Just installed a set of 35w Morimoto H11b HID conversions today (5k).

Was supposed to be quick install but I couldn't get them to fire without the included relay harness so it took more time. When I installed Volt HIDs in my 08 EXVL Coupe I needed to remove the front bumper and was hoping this would be easier. I needed to pull the air box, intake, radiator mounts and battery to get everything situated. I did need to attach one of the ballasts to the brake lines on the ABS module - not my first choice and as long as there's not interference I'll leave it.

Chose HIDs based on what I've read for "throw". Chose Morimoto after considering them with Xenon Depot and Diode Dynamics. Was originally going for a $80 kit but decided to spend the extra money. This Morimoto seems to be very high quality and different from the Volt kit I had in the past.

I'll update with some night shots later.

-Eric

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
221 Posts
Before and after - stock halogen to Morimoto 35w 5K HID.

Last night was the first time I've driven at night and I'm not used to the color. Traded a G37x for this Accord which had stock 4300k lights. My goal was to get closer to the LED running lights and if I had chosen LEDs they would be closer to 6k - I think 6k HIDs would be too blue.

-Eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone recommend me a setup for interior lights + high beams + switchback turn signals?

For the interior lights, I was planning on getting the SIRIUSLED 194 LED Bulbs from Amazon, I purchased this back in 2017 and I like the color, but some of them are starting to flicker.

For the switchbacks I was running the JDM ASTAR White/Yellow 3157 3155 3457 4157 from Ebay, one side is broken. (Yes I know these aren't the ones meant for an accord, I didn't know, and I still don't know, the bulb size for the turn signals.)

For High beams, I ran the Kensun HID Xenon kit from amazon. Still running strong, but I think the color might be fading away and I might as well replace all the lights while I'm at it

Edit: This is for a 2016 Accord EX-L

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone that installed the Auxito LED bulbs get a weird flicker when turning on/off the parking lights and or headlights? I recently installed a set in my 2013 Coupe V6 and when I turn the headlights on/off, the bulbs flicker when passing the parking light position. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I read through a lot of pages and didn't see anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently upgraded my 2014 Accord EX to Lasfit LED's, interior and exterior. Very happy with the results, makes a Hugh difference!

Attachments

4581 - 4600 of 4605 Posts