Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

4601 - 4605 of 4605 Posts

·
Errrr
2014 Honda Accord Sport MSM 6MT
15 Posts
Anyone have experience with the GTR Lighting Ultra 2?
I know it's on the pricey side but the output looks amazing.

I might bite the bullet but wanted to see if anyone else has used them before...

I purchased these for my wife’s 2007 Civic Si coupe, and with her reflector housing, they are amazing. See pic below for comparison of her stock halogens vs GTR 2. As far as output, driving next to a Tesla, it is pretty much the same in terms of intensity and color. I got them from lightwerkz off ebay for 175.
I recently bought XenonDepot’s H11B Philips XV2 4800K and paired it with ACME Speedy start 35w ballast. I’ve only put on about 4 hours with them on and I’ve read that it takes about 100 or so hours for them to “break-in” and color shift. They have a warmer white output, and only a hair whiter than stock 4300K. My cars headlights are also heavily oxidized and hazed out so output is not the best. I will be installing the V6 headlights in a week or so once I receive my DRL harness and update with pics to show these XD Philips XV2 for those that are interested.

Heres an update on these XenonDepot Philips XV2 4800K paired with ACME Speedy start 35w ballast. They have about 6 hours run time since installation. See pics attached. The car passing on my left is a corolla with factory LEDs. You can see how much furthur these Philips XV2 light up the road. This is with my headlights buffed out back crystal clear. It appears “whiter” but IRL they are a warmer white, just slightly whiter compared to other cars equipped with factory 4300K’s. Happy with them, I don’t like too blue and wanted something that would look factory and OEM. I will update if i hit 100+ hours on them to see if they color shift and get whiter. But as is, I’m satisfied with them. These were not cheap lol. Sorry for the crappy pics, taken with my iPhone 8.

Attachments

·
Errrr
15 Posts
Just wanted to update, the V6 headlights are now on. Loving the factory LED strip. The Acme 2.0 speedy start ballast also failed after 8 hrs, just one side. Returned them to TRS. I ended up purchasing the Hylux A0050 45w ballast. Still has a clean warm white output with a slightly wider hotspot. Pics below. It has a decent cutoff with slight blue/purple at the cutoff lines.

·
CD5 to CR2
227 Posts
Just wanted to update, the V6 headlights are now on. Loving the factory LED strip. The Acme 2.0 speedy start ballast also failed after 8 hrs, just one side. Returned them to TRS. I ended up purchasing the Hylux A0050 45w ballast. Still has a clean warm white output with a slightly wider hotspot. Pics below. It has a decent cutoff with slight blue/purple at the cutoff lines.
Nice! How do they compare to the GTR 2s in the Civic?
Worth the $100 difference?

·
Errrr
15 Posts
Nice! How do they compare to the GTR 2s in the Civic?
Worth the $100 difference?
Well in my wife’s civic, it definitely seems brighter compared to mine. That could be due to the “cooler” white blue output. My setup is an intense warm white look. We recently took a trip up to Lake Tahoe last week. And with my setup, I felt like it was a lot easier on the eyes on that long drive (7hrs).
Whenever a car passed by with LEDs(whether stock from factory or aftermarket) it just seems like it sort of puts a slight strain on my eyes. I know its subjective from person to person. Some might prefer that nice bright white output of LEDs, but for me I much prefer the useable warm white output of 4300k-5000k.

TRS did a video testing halogen, vs HID, vs LED, vs a projector retrofit right here >>.
The glare from our halogen projectors with HID is NOT that bad compared to the video testing. At least with these XenonDepot Philips bulbs I’m using. I can’t speak for other HID kits. I know some guys here will flame you for just putting HIDs and not doing a “proper retrofit”. But honestly it is not blinding to the point where people will flash you. I’ve never gotten flashed. Even had my wife drive my car following me as I drove her car, it seriously isn't drastic. I’ve had cars behind me with aftermarket LEDs and those are much worst to the point where I’d move over to the other lane and let them past me. The squirrel spotters on my 07 Camry were worst with either HID or LED.
Check this picture below, my HID setup against a toyota corolla with factory LEDs. Barely any glare from mine.

As far as those GTR 2 Ultra LEDs, they are indeed pricey. I don’t know how they would do on our stock projectors. But if you decide to try them, let us know and post pics here. Someone’s gotta try them lol, double check to see if you can return then if you’re not happy with them haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What bulb size are the daylight running lights for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L Navi v4 model? I wanted to put on some led. So can anyone help me with this please?

The Hb3/9005 for the Accord Touring is the bulb for the "Hi-beams."

I'm searching but haven't run into an available download service manual for the 2013 Accord.

I'll post it up as soon as get access to them :thmsup:

For your '13 Accord EXL V6, here's what I found:
Low Beam: H11
Hi-Beam: Hb3/9005
Turn-signal: 12v 2cp

I can't seem to find the DRL spec..
Same I have a Honda Accord EX-L Navi v4 model I am trying to replace the DRL I do not want the strip just want to replace the bulb with an LED one but cannot find the correct identification or number for it. If you do please keep me posted. Thank you.

4601 - 4605 of 4605 Posts