Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10681 - 10700 of 10728 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dropped her off to get my drivers side headlight replaced. Half of the led strip went out last weekend. Didn't have any issues with them replacing it under warranty, just said to drop it off and they'll take care of it. I did have the letter we received a while ago about the warranty on the lights being extended to 10 years though just in case.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dropped her off to get my drivers side headlight replaced. Half of the led strip went out last weekend. Didn't have any issues with them replacing it under warranty, just said to drop it off and they'll take care of it. I did have the letter we received a while ago about the warranty on the lights being extended to 10 years though just in case.
When you get it back, could you do a huge favor and take a pic comparing the old and the new? Just curious if it looks any different...

·
Registered
235 Posts
When you get it back, could you do a huge favor and take a pic comparing the old and the new? Just curious if it looks any different...
I’ll take a pic soon, but they look exactly the same to me. Took them about 2 hours, and no appointment was necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
new engine, new lease on life
16,938 Posts
2 tanks of gas. Oil level holding.

Planning on early oil change, with a quart of MMO, tomorrow morning. Curious to see if my slight oil burning issue will cure itself after treatment.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Changed my own pads for the first time. Easy enough 👍

Stared at that booty after a good wash.
Man, I've saved all the pictures of your exhaust tips. Every freaking time I see them, I want to add them to my car. Do you have any side pics? Wanting quad tips, and still want the ATLP quad exhausts but you're the reason I haven't done that yet.

·
CD5 to CR2
188 Posts
Man, I've saved all the pictures of your exhaust tips. Every freaking time I see them, I want to add them to my car. Do you have any side pics? Wanting quad tips, and still want the ATLP quad exhausts but you're the reason I haven't done that yet.
Thanks man, appreciate it. The ATLP exhuast sounds great with the v6. Mine are purely cosmetic ⭕⭕_⭕⭕

·
16,938 Posts
Desperately needed...
20200215_215437.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks man, appreciate it. The ATLP exhuast sounds great with the v6. Mine are purely cosmetic ⭕⭕_⭕⭕

Well, side view is what I wanted. Thanks, I think I just made my descision. I know you stated that you had them welded on. That's why I'm doing now... FOR NOW.

·
16,938 Posts
so this morning, i wanted to crunch some numbers to see how much cheaper it has been to operate both my current car, as well as my previous car. results are below.

2007 sedan:
  • 134306 miles
  • $21592.65 expenses
  • 16.0 cpm
2015 sedan (through 12/31/19):
  • 254199 miles
  • $31230.35 expenses (includes $300/month car payment)
  • 12.2 cpm
2015 sedan (through 2/15/20 - includes engine replacement):
  • 268778 miles
  • $35618.22 expenses (includes $300/month car payment)
  • 13.3 cpm
that engine replacement really helped to skew the numbers.

i would suspect that moving forward, my costs will gradually increase due to age. i'll also need to add oil between oil changes now as well, unlike before.

either in the next few weeks, or once the weather warms up, i am going to do a treatment of MMO via the spark plug holes. that gave me a marked improvement in oil consumption versus just running it through the oil in my previous car.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Cut a wire in a harness trying to install my headunit... Even bought some fancy $30 Klein wire strippers! Should have just stuck with my normal wire strippers. Unfortunately ran out of light so now I gotta wake up early to get the car back together before class tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
69 Posts
2014 Accord Sport over the past few weeks I picked up some 19” blacked out 2019 wheels. Swapped out my tails to some 2017’s. Swapped the steering wheel from a 2016 and added the rear lower valance from an EX-L. Oh also replaced the belt tensioner that was making a slight grinding noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
I adjusted the parking brake. Exciting times!!

At 15k it was still set writhing 5-9 clicks. At 31k it was between 9-12 clicks. It’s time for the annual safety inspection and I’d fail it if it were a customer vehicle.

Two and a quarter turns and it’s set between 5-9 clicks and in spec.

10681 - 10700 of 10728 Posts