Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10721 - 10740 of 10794 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wait the Sport has a an all black trim piece? I never noticed that when I did my dad's Sport haha. Or maybe it changed from 2014 to 2016. If you're handy, you could vinyl wrap it in black, but I'm awful at vinyl wrapping. But yea, definitely not worth paying for the Metra kit just for the black pieces. I think the silver accent matches the center shifter panel pieces pretty well if you can't paint it black.

Four years later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wait did they change the center dash that much? What is that giant circular thing??? And where's your USB/12V below it? The silver vents look solid to me, they match up with the silver trim below.
The giant circular thing is my magnetic iPhone holder. I removed the USB/12V and replaced it with USB/HDMI input.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
A nice little maintenance session today. Oil change with Castrol EDGE 0w-20 and a Fram Ultra Synthetic filter, 2nd drain and fill ATF with 3.4qts DW-1 and removed and cleaned some leakage off the top of the battery. Not sure why it was seeping but Im going to keep an eye on it

·
new engine, new lease on life
16,980 Posts
Four years later...

How well does the bluetooth work now?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
How well does the bluetooth work now?

Since I use ACP, I don’t use Bluetooth.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I’ll take a pic soon, but they look exactly the same to me. Took them about 2 hours, and no appointment was necessary.

Completely forgot to post the picture, but here it is. The new headlight is the one on the right.

·
16,980 Posts
New set of snow tires. Even though my friend's post-graduation roadtrip to BC is likely cancelled, and the fact that Pittsburgh barely had a winter this year, I still put them on for peace of mind.

Also, desperately needed free car wash at dealer.

I'll get the oil changed next week, unless i start driving like crazy like i did Monday.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Changed oil and transmission fluid last night. Car has just shy of 40,000 miles. Wow what a difference shifting from Park to Drive.... almost instant instead of a delay. Tires getting rotated tonight along with changing engine air filter

·
Plot Twist
67 Posts
Brought her into Brandon Honda for a “free alignment check” since I wanted to pick up coolant anyway.

My last set of tires wore perfectly so I just wanted the readout for warranty purposes. Before I could even get out of the car they were convinced I needed to “go ahead and have the alignment done” because I had four new tires and it “always needs to be done at that time”

I told them that wasn’t the case last time when I did pay for it and it and they said it was still within spec.

When I go to pickup the car they said it does need an alignment done. I asked for the measurements they gave me last time for proof and they “don’t hold onto those” and changed the story to “it can’t been too bad otherwise they wouldn’t let you leave”

New accessory belt at 132,000. Not sure how I missed replacing it sooner. FYI the air conditioning line is right up against the tensioner so you’ll definitely need a thin 17mm crescent wrench or similar to fit. I got by with locking pliers but that did chew up the “bolt” a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Low beams on, drls off.

Next project is replacing the high beams with leds and, if necessary a decoder harness.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
16,980 Posts
How is you DRL off? Don't you have the led strip on bottom of headlight ? What trim is yours ?
Your DRLs turn off once you turn on the low beams.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Your DRLs turn off once you turn on the high beams.

Look at pic above, brights are not on, fogs are on with low beams. I believe on my 17 exlv6 the dlr strip stays on when brights are on , low beams on too, fogs turn off

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry, let's clear that up. Mine is a 2016 LX-S. The high beams are the drls as there is no led strip in lx headlight units.

I'm also going to replace the incandescent turn signals. Making it a clean sweep, I am.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
But it looks like the drl strip is there, just not lit up. I do not recall seeing that part before. It was obvious if it was lx trim by seeing drl in brights on road, I just do not remember seeing that strip on the bottom that looks like drl on higher trims.

10721 - 10740 of 10794 Posts