Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10801 - 10820 of 10896 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about scratching the paint. I'd worry about caving in the underside of your car. The jack points are reinforced with thicker steel.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Are those plug and play, stays on even while you drive, multicolor ?
What's the Price paid, difficulty of the install, and anything extra required?

Thanks

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,274 Posts
@Cepega The kit is plug and play (it attaches to the ECON button for power) and is easy to install. All you have to do is pop some panels off (just with your hands, no tools required) and route the wires under the console.

I did drill holes in the plastic covers over the LED bulbs as I read reviews that stated the kit is extremely dim as is. I drilled 5mm holes.

The kit was $96 shipped from Majestic Honda and it includes the underside cover for the driver side. I already had an underside cover so now I’ll sell the one included in the kit.

It is on anytime the headlights are on and dims with the dimmer switch for dash lighting. The kit for the Sport is red to match the other lighting in the car; the kit for the non-Sport trims is blue to match the other lighting in those.

The photos make the light look brighter than actual, also I have graphite colored floor mats that reflect more light than black mats would.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nice, there are only two colors Reb and blue, right? Sounds pretty good.
Something I may tackle once it gets warm for good, after I finish the left lanewatch project wiring through the door.
Give us a visual man.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,274 Posts
Nice, there are only two colors Reb and blue, right? Sounds pretty good.

Give us a visual man.
Yes, red and blue. Or go aftermarket for any color.

I added photos to my previous post. 👆🏻

·
Registered
2014 EX 6-spd MSM
25 Posts
Really nice, thanks for the pics ... tbh that little ambient light directly overhead was one of my favorite things about my 14 EX when I first got it, for some reason....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I will definitely let you know. But so far so good. No leaks and other issues. It's my first time baking headlights and I'm glad the wife gave me permission to use the oven. YouTube trained me well i guess.
I made sure i had the wing part of the 9.5 grille cut and wrapped because for sure my OCD can't handle that gap. I even deleted the amber side markers too using 3M chrome vinyl wrap.
What gap?
20200409_180519.jpg
What Gap??? 🤷‍♂️

20200409_180617.jpg

Cleaned up Engine Bay trying to decide what color silicone hoses to get.. red or blue? #Help..
Rerouted positive terminal and shaved the extas..
Contemplating on
Screenshot_20200409-214411_eBay.jpg

what color candy to paint the valve covers etc.. thinking goldish/burnt orange..
20200409_180519.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
What gap?
View attachment 519762 What Gap???

View attachment 519763

Cleaned up Engine Bay trying to decide what color silicone hoses to get.. red or blue? #Help..
Rerouted positive terminal and shaved the extas..
Contemplating on
View attachment 519765
what color candy to paint the valve covers etc.. thinking goldish/burnt orange..
View attachment 519764
Can you post more pictures with front grille? Did you custom make it yourself? Looks nice!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,039 Posts
So, battery went dead on me today. Luckily, there was a downhill not far from where I was parked.

Proceeded to bump start it to get her going again.

Afterwards, went to advance auto to test alternator and battery. Both checked good.

There is a small amount of corrosion on terminal. Car has started up fine since then.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
You say battery, did you get no lights on the dash when you turned on the car?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
So, battery went dead on me today. Luckily, there was a downhill not far from where I was parked.

Proceeded to bump start it to get her going again.

Afterwards, went to advance auto to test alternator and battery. Both checked good.

There is a small amount of corrosion on terminal. Car has started up fine since then.

Any ideas?

parasitic draw ???

Tell us how to bump start the engine for those of us with an automatic transmission.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,039 Posts
parasitic draw ???

Tell us how to bump start the engine for those of us with an automatic transmission.
If it was a parasite, it didn't show up until 30 mins away from home.

To bump start an automatic, you'll need AAA to bump into your front bumper... lol

You say battery, did you get no lights on the dash when you turned on the car?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Starter was barely turning.

Have noticed a slower than normal starter over the past week. Cant replicate though.

10801 - 10820 of 10896 Posts