Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10821 - 10840 of 10896 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Ok, if you had a battery/alternator/starter testor you could solve this yourself. I have posted before, get a Clore Automotive BA9 (Solar) and it would test your battery, alternator and if the starter was drawing too much current.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some recent projects I’ve taken on for 2015 Sport.. first was wrapping the interior with a CF print vinyl wrap, came out nice 👌🏽
Next project was wrapping the grill inserts and lower chrome strip on the front in satin black.
Yesterday I installed my 2016 Pilot EX-L paint matched door handles. For Sport model 4 rear handles (2 left and 2 right will work) and the caps just need to be switched over.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yesterday I installed my 2016 Pilot EX-L paint matched door handles. For Sport model 4 rear handles (2 left and 2 right will work) and the caps just need to be switched over.
The ‘16 Pilot EX-L handles are a direct swap? Are the caps from the pilot too or did you have the stock ones painted? I’d love to change my handles over to match. They are currently plasti dipped and are holding up well but the black plasti dip doesn’t match the black color of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The ‘16 Pilot EX-L handles are a direct swap? Are the caps from the pilot too or did you have the stock ones painted? I’d love to change my handles over to match. They are currently plasti dipped and are holding up well but the black plasti dip doesn’t match the black color of the car.
Yes they are a direct swap, if you have a Sport use 4 rears, 2 left and 2 right. I did end up with a tiny gap from using rears on the front but it’s not bad at all. If you have an EX or EX-L then you have to buy the Pilot fronts and swap the covers over or have your keyless entry reprogrammed. For the caps you use the Pilot caps but you have to swap the insides so the bolt holes still line up.
8492E753-C7CA-4410-BB44-517858F5429C.jpeg 7EEEFD8E-00F8-4AA1-B354-ECAF783FB2EE.jpeg 8CA950CB-EF9B-4A48-8F90-6252A3B1F422.jpeg
8CA950CB-EF9B-4A48-8F90-6252A3B1F422.jpeg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes they are a direct swap, if you have a Sport use 4 rears, 2 left and 2 right. I did end up with a tiny gap from using rears on the front but it’s not bad at all. If you have an EX or EX-L then you have to buy the Pilot fronts and swap the covers over or have your keyless entry reprogrammed. For the caps you use the Pilot caps but you have to swap the insides so the bolt holes still line up. View attachment 519938 View attachment 519935 View attachment 519936 View attachment 519937 View attachment 519935 View attachment 519936 View attachment 519937 View attachment 519937
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I do have a sport. The gap doesn’t look bad from some angles but the last one you posted really shows it. Any ideas if you can modify the pilot handles to bring them in more? From what i remember from taking mine offf i think any modification is a long shot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I do have a sport. The gap doesn’t look bad from some angles but the last one you posted really shows it. Any ideas if you can modify the pilot handles to bring them in more? From what i remember from taking mine offf i think any modification is a long shot.
Yeah man no problem! It’s annoying looking down at it when I get in and pull the handle but honestly that’s the only time it’s noticeable. The average person won’t even notice it but it didn’t seem there’s was much room to improve fitment, I disassembled and reassembled and couldn’t get it any less. You could use two gaskets maybe? I don’t know how that would affect opening tho, if at all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tend to pick up on minor things then they drive me nuts so the gap would probably get on my nerves. I’ve been looking anyway at doing the swap. My local body shop has pretty good pricing so it might be just the same to have mine painted ( not sure if it’s a pain to paint over chrome)

·
Registered
580 Posts
How feasible is it to manufacture a spacer or a gasket of some sort to take care of the gap ?

I say it because on my Camry there is a gasket at those spots, haven't played much attention on the Accord. But anyway, perhaps layering up on stock gaskets will make it less noticeable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How feasible is it to manufacture a spacer or a gasket of some sort to take care of the gap ?

I say it because on my Camry there is a gasket at those spots, haven't played much attention on the Accord. But anyway, perhaps layering up on stock gaskets will make it less noticeable.
There is a factory gasket there, I’m thinking you could prolly double up gaskets there and fill it, I’m not just not sure if it’ll obstruct the functionality of the handle. Right now there is zero issue with function, just fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tend to pick up on minor things then they drive me nuts so the gap would probably get on my nerves. I’ve been looking anyway at doing the swap. My local body shop has pretty good pricing so it might be just the same to have mine painted ( not sure if it’s a pain to paint over chrome)
Usually I’m extremely anal, gaps and things like that bug me lol but I’m honestly willing to live with it for the sake of perfectly matched handles without having to blend, near perfect fitment and 100% functionality. It WILL bug me every time I open my door lol but I’m the only one who’ll notice it so 🤷🏾‍♂️

May have to slightly modify additional gaskets. Is it hard plasticky or more on the rubberized side ?
They’re kinda rubbery but have a firmness to them I could order them and see, they can’t be more than $2 per side lol

·
Registered
580 Posts
It WILL bug me every time I open my door lol but I’m the only one who’ll notice it so 🤷🏾‍♂️
Just look to your side as your paranoid that someone is after you while you open a door. Caution: this may make you appear as a druggie in attempt to break in or as your just plain crazy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just look to your side as your paranoid that someone is after you while you open a door. Caution: this may make you appear as a druggie in attempt to break in or as your just plain crazy.
Lol I just checked and the gaskets are the same between the Accord and Pilot so one is not thicker than the other. My conclusion is because I’ve used rear handles on the front it’s not completely flush. The issue with Pilot front handles is they have a button for keyless entry that isn’t used on Sports. If you have an EX or EX-L you can buy Pilot fronts, swap the covers and be good. I didn’t want to use a Pilot front on my Sport because of the extra harness and mechanism for the keyless that isn’t used.. it sucks but the gap is worth living with to avoid downtime at the body shop, paint matching etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Possible to repin the wiring, should be fairly easy to do. Also my thoughts of additional gaskets was that it would contour to the shape slightly more because of its thickness and playability.

Heck custom 3d print one using you or similar material if not going to cut one out manually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Possible to repin the wiring, should be fairly easy to do. Also my thoughts of additional gaskets was that it would contour to the shape slightly more because of its thickness and playability.
there’s no wiring to re-pin, Sport doesn’t have keyless entry so you could essentially just cut off the harness and plug, but the door handle would still have a non functional button and it bolts up differently somehow because for a keyless entry handle you have to remove the door panel, on the sport I didn’t have to remove the panel.
I ordered two new gaskets, I’ll see if it makes a difference

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,039 Posts
Went to dealer today to get oil change, tire rotation, and tire repair due to piece of metal embedded in tire.

That said, as dealer was closing, was not able to start car again. Had to be jumped this time.

Afterwards, car started normally.

I bought a battery jump pack yesterday, in case this continues...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
251 Posts
Went to dealer today to get oil change, tire rotation, and tire repair due to piece of metal embedded in tire.

That said, as dealer was closing, was not able to start car again. Had to be jumped this time.

Afterwards, car started normally.

I bought a battery jump pack yesterday, in case this continues...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
I had a battery a few yrs ago where over time one of the clamps got just a bit loose and caused start issues. The clamp was as tight as it would get but still wasn't making a good connection.

Solution was to buy those top mount caps that go over the battery posts. That thin layer of extra metal was enough to make the clamp tighten up and have a good connection. No issues after that.

·
Registered
2015 Accord Ex-l
4 Posts
WeatherTech window visors,
Hard wired the radar detector and mounted to rear view mirror,
Sanded, primed and painted a new honda H emblem matte black.. Undecided on whether to paint yhe other two v6 and accord the same.

Nothing big or expensive. Just little added details here and there.... I hate quarantine life..

Attachments

10821 - 10840 of 10896 Posts