Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10841 - 10860 of 10896 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
WeatherTech window visors,
Hard wired the radar detector and mounted to rear view mirror,
Sanded, primed and painted a new honda H emblem matte black.. Undecided on whether to paint yhe other two v6 and accord the same.

Nothing big or expensive. Just little added details here and there.... I hate quarantine life..

View attachment 520241
View attachment 520238
View attachment 520239 I considering dipping the Emblem in black. Any benefits to painting it instead?
Added 15% window tint. Considering deleting the chrome on the windows and door handles anyone have any luck with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Accord Ex-l
4 Posts
That airbag warning......
Hahaha. I'm weird about it, it makes it feel like the car is still brand new. Gives me a false sense that its still in immaculate condition.

Personally i wanted a more permanent solution. Something about knowing it's dipped and can start peeling with one little cut or whatnot. The paint I actually used was black plastic/engine paint. Its made to stick to automotive plastics and resists scratches flakes and heat upto 250+..

I don't have anything against dipping though. Pretty much comes down to personal preference i'd say

I was pretty annoyed when my co-worker pulled mine off. However, that was on day 4 of ownership lol.
Whats cool too is that i am the second owner even.. I got it from carmax in January with 38,000 miles and today still under 40,000.. The very first owner from what carmax told me had it as a business vehicle somewhere.. It shows too.. Thing was immaculate. Pic is from carmax's listing in January FB_IMG_1587840845113.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,039 Posts
Added half quart of oil.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
No road trips planned anytime soon. Tires off the ground, parking brake released, fuel stabilizer in the system, battery on tender.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Installed 9.5 Taillights to my 15' sport! Huge difference 👌

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got my Progressive 25.4 mm Rear Sway bar installed along with the front sway bar from the v6 on my 2015 sport. I didnt want to install the front on my own and i had so much corrosion on the rear sway links i decided to have someone else deal with getting them loose for install. Expensive but damn is it worth it. I put the progressives on stiff and wow the car handles like a sports car im cheesing hard as i type this. Along with installing 15mm front and 20mm rear H&R spacers the other day, she handles reallll well boys. Currently waiting on Eibach pro kit to finally drop her after 5 year :)

Attachments

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,274 Posts
Installed 19mm RSB. Thanks to this forum, it was a breeze. THANKS! Rain here for days - hope to get on the switchbacks soon to test it out.
You will feel a difference in the rain. I am running 19F/22R and I like the greatly reduced body roll and the ability to get the rear to rotate. The car still understeers in rain, but it’s more predictable.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,039 Posts
Oil change at dealer, washer fluid and cabin air filter at advance auto.

Dealer tells me that I may have a transmission leak. I asked from where. They tell me that they have to bring it in for a full diagnostic.

Looks like I'll be going to the guy that replaced the engine to verify.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is the list of things I’ve done in the first week of owning my 2014 EX-L V6

• transmission fluid change x2
  • All bulbs changed to LED (headlights too)
  • Rear shelf anti-rattle carpet installed
  • HEPA cabin filter installed
  • New wipers installed
  • Swapped the 2014 EX-L wheels with new tires from my 2010 onto this car.
  • 20% rear/50% front ceramic tint.
Love this car so far! Such a vast improvement over my 2010 EX-L 4cyl.

Installed 9.5 Taillights to my 15' sport! Huge difference 👌
Are those OE tails or aftermarket? How much/where did you get them? They’re on my list!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Professionally installed clear bra
Changed oil and filter, topped off fluids
Rotated wheels and tires, set tire pressure
Installed dash cam

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
143 Posts
Addressed tail pipes on my new-to-me Coupe - doesn't look like they've received much love over the years.

Started with Nevr-Dull but the stainless was discolored and there was significant buildup at the bottom of the outlet so I reluctantly used 000 steel wool. Not perfect but certainly better and you really have to look to see that it's not new :) .

-Eric

10841 - 10860 of 10896 Posts