Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10881 - 10900 of 10944 Posts

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,080 Posts
It's not the car, it's the driver. The car is just a weapon.
Then, they need to back away from my weapon when they see me coming.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TX Accord

·
17,080 Posts
At that speed you're just too fast for them to move out the way. Plus your muffler bearings are too quiet to alert them as well.
To be fair, I have been one of the slower cars on the road since COVID-19 started.

Many other cars going 90mph+.

·
17,080 Posts
DIY CAI!!!

I think I found my problem, or at least the place to start looking...
20200530_161433.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Don't feel too bad. Some years ago I tagged a bird in flight with a rental car, an Altima. When I got home, it was still wedged in the lower grille.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
Few days ago hand washed the car for the first time in almost 3 years of ownership, didn't wax it though. Also the remotes batteries showed low batt on cluster couple days apart. All 3 months short of 3 yrs of ownership. Interesting enough that one of the remotes is not used much.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't feel too bad. Some years ago I tagged a bird in flight with a rental car, an Altima. When I got home, it was still wedged in the lower grille.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I live to next to a golf course. This happened to me with a duck. I don't drive next to the golf course anymore... not joking either. Unfortunately, I killed a kitten, as well. It ran in front of my car running from what I don't know. It's horrid to think of the pain inflicted on animals. It's made a lot more charismatic to the cats I find sleeping on my car.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just purchased new tires; Michelin CrossClimate+. So far so good... This might be my new favorite all season tire if they can reasonably maintain their performance. Let's see how they hold up after 20K miles

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
I live to next to a golf course. This happened to me with a duck. I don't drive next to the golf course anymore... not joking either. Unfortunately, I killed a kitten, as well. It ran in front of my car running from what I don't know. It's horrid to think of the pain inflicted on animals. It's made a lot more charismatic to the cats I find sleeping on my car.
I could start an entire thread on my rny encounters with animals. Just horrifying...

·
17,080 Posts
Had to pull her off the road due to greater than expected raccoon damage. Apparently, the impact was enough to dislodge both my LF fenderwell, as well as the airbox pipe on the bottom of the car leading to the engine.

I proceeded to cut a portion of the now-melted fenderwell to prevent further rubbing.

In case you are wondering about the airbox, had to move it temporarily to work both sides of the plastic tubing into place. Still not a perfect seal. There is a tab on the rubber collar connector that's about 1/4-1/2" out of alignment.

Anyone got zip ties?
20200531_225735.jpg
20200531_231130.jpg

·
Pilot without a plane
306 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
View attachment 520892
installed my new carbon fiber steering wheel.
lovvvvvvvvvvvvveeee itt

So I checked the site, and how easy is it to install or need a pro coz I see its bare basically

Also, I think think these red paddle shifters would look awesome in your setup

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
164 Posts
Installed Morimoto 5k HID conversion kit (35w).

Thought hard about LEDs, but wanted the better throw of HIDs.

-Eric

·
17,080 Posts
Oil change and tire rotation Tuesday. Clean bill of health otherwise.

Will be shopping for tires here in the next month or so.

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Registered
2015 Accord Ex-l
5 Posts
My first attempt at chrome trim delete. Wanted a more permanent solution other than plasti-dip or wrapping it. So I popped off the rear piece because it looked easiest.
Sanded, cleaned with isopropyl alcohol, and applied about 4 coats total of VHT high temperature matte black plastic paint. Let it dry over night and reinstalled this morning..

I like it and would like to do the same with the rest of the chrome trim.. Anyone know if the window/door chrome pieces are easy to remove??

10881 - 10900 of 10944 Posts