Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10901 - 10920 of 10944 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
First wash after new tires installed. Went with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II in stock 235/40/19. Very pleased so far and no more scrubbing noise with the stock Conti's.Hit the paint with my own blend of Klasse SG and Sonus Acrylic Glanz as a sealant booster. Love this stuff! Next week will be Xpel Prime XR 20% tint and new Honda OEM front pads and R1 Concepts Carbon Geomet rotors.

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
Seems like not so long ago I was posting about modding stuff on my 9th gen coupe, now its all about repair and maintenance. Guess that's what happens when the car gets old. Anyway.....it was time for new spark plugs, so I dropped in NGK's new Ruthenium HX plugs and torqued them to spec. Got'em from NAPA at a pretty good price. And if you're curious what the original plugs looked like after ~100K miles see below.

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
It's timing belt time, so in preparation I cleaned out the engine compartment, cleaned and re-oiled the K&N air filter, reset tire pressure, recalibrated the TPMS and replaced the cabin filter. After 100,000 on the odometer the engine compartment is still holding up, no fluid leaks or any other issue. And after running a K&N Typhoon intake system on my V6 9th gen coupe for the past 90,000 miles....my intake still looks spotless.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Found out the San Marino red accord I had to get rid of last July was totaled. Sad because I babied that car.
Photos don't show much of a damage, what is the problem, did it drive over a curb or something? Curtain and side airbags are in. Sold for 5, they will fix it for 2 and keep motorin.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,080 Posts
Might be adding more music to my attached walkman in my car, along with pruning a few tracks as well.

Happening soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Superbikes do it better
515 Posts
Picked it up from the local dealer after getting the timing belt, waterpump, alt. belt and tensioner replaced. Then got it home and reinstalled the 20's, reset tire pressure and recalibrated the TPMS. I guess the 9th gen coupe is ready for the summer driving season....and several spirited socially distanced road trips.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
85 Posts
@LarryP Actually got them off of Walmart.com since I needed a small purchase to put on my card to help out my credit. They’re pretty widely available, though

·
Registered
138 Posts
@LarryP Actually got them off of Walmart.com since I needed a small purchase to put on my card to help out my credit. They’re pretty widely available, though
I’d love to see the parts you used and how you mounted this. I have been wanting to do this also but only kits i see for sale are for the 10th gen

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
85 Posts
@xtremef4i The struts are all inclusive and don’t need any other parts. I could make a post on installing them if you/others are interested. I had to use a video from a 10th gen to get a general idea of where to install at first, but it was pretty easy to figure out.

10901 - 10920 of 10944 Posts