Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

10921 - 10940 of 10944 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
@xtremef4i The struts are all inclusive and don’t need any other parts. I could make a post on installing them if you/others are interested. I had to use a video from a 10th gen to get a general idea of where to install at first, but it was pretty easy to figure out.
If you could start a thread with pics and step by step or even a video that would be awesome. I’ve watched a lot of videos on the 10th install too.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Got the "TSB 19-019 Knocking or Clicking From Engine During Cold Startup" done at the dealership covered under warranty. Immediately upon returning home changed the engine oil and filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's timing belt time, so in preparation I cleaned out the engine compartment, cleaned and re-oiled the K&N air filter, reset tire pressure, recalibrated the TPMS and replaced the cabin filter. After 100,000 on the odometer the engine compartment is still holding up, no fluid leaks or any other issue. And after running a K&N Typhoon intake system on my V6 9th gen coupe for the past 90,000 miles....my intake still looks spotless. View attachment 521754 View attachment 521755
That is one of the best looking engine bays I've seen. Great work dude!!

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,080 Posts
I broke it again.

Went for an aggressive pass in 4th gear on 70 in Maryland. Couldn't grab 5th or 6th there for a few miles.

Able to eventually grab 5th, and limp it to hagerstown honda in maryland. Hoping I can have the shift cable(s) replaced today.
20200627_121241.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TX Accord

·
17,080 Posts
So, I guess I damaged the gear shift assembly when i went for that aggressive shift. As of right now, shes driveable, but I cant grab reverse.

The dealer said they are out of stock for said assembly. Back order. Could be weeks before it comes in.

Going to see what prices are for the assembly once I get home.

·
Pilot without a plane
306 Posts
So, I guess I damaged the gear shift assembly when i went for that aggressive shift. As of right now, shes driveable, but I cant grab reverse.

The dealer said they are out of stock for said assembly. Back order. Could be weeks before it comes in.

Going to see what prices are for the assembly once I get home.

Have any pull-a-part or associated type salvage yards there? Ours is open 7 days/wk here. Might be able to score one like that or regular salvage yard.

Driveable, but annoying for now I guess. Sorry bro. Was hoping to see a good mileage update from you and that you had a good work week instead of this.

·
17,080 Posts
Have any pull-a-part or associated type salvage yards there? Ours is open 7 days/wk here. Might be able to score one like that or regular salvage yard.

Driveable, but annoying for now I guess. Sorry bro. Was hoping to see a good mileage update from you and that you had a good work week instead of this.
I told dispatch that they could send me anywhere, as long as the drop off point was at the top of a hill.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I told dispatch that they could send me anywhere, as long as the drop off point was at the top of a hill.

Ah quit bragging about your push it down a hill to start, get an automatic already.

Anyway, I got an email yesterday from college hill Honda:

If you're gonna order online, time to do it is now before prices go up.

Honda Price Increases Are Coming July 1st
American Honda has announced to dealers that a weighted price increase of approximately 2.9% on parts and accessories will go into effect on July 1, 2020.
What does this mean exactly? Honda will be adjusting prices over a wide range of parts and accessories. Certain products will go up more than others but the end average will be 2.9%. Although it will take us time to update all of our products, we are notifying you now so you have the opportunity to buy at our current pricing.

Please note that we are already receiving higher than typical order volumes. We are shipping as quickly as we can but expect delays of 3-4 days on in stock items. As long as your order is received prior to July 1st you are guaranteed our current prices regardless of the end ship date.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Front brakes and rotors replaced today. R1 Concepts Carbon Geomet blanks and OEM Honda pads. Glad to have smooth brakes again.

Freshly installed with full geomet coating:

After bedding in the pads. Coating scrubbed away leaving only the brake pad contact point bare.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Front brakes and rotors replaced today. R1 Concepts Carbon Geomet blanks and OEM Honda pads. Glad to have smooth brakes again.

Freshly installed with full geomet coating:
View attachment 521935

After bedding in the pads. Coating scrubbed away leaving only the brake pad contact point bare.
View attachment 521936
I also need to do the same. Are those rotors better than OEM and will they not warp as easily? Mine have been warped for the past year basically. Dealer wanted $250 a piece to resurface lol. It's almost time for new brake pads so I want to also address the warping issue.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I also need to do the same. Are those rotors better than OEM and will they not warp as easily? Mine have been warped for the past year basically. Dealer wanted $250 a piece to resurface lol. It's almost time for new brake pads so I want to also address the warping issue.
These R1s appear pretty decent. Not the best fit/finish I've ever seen on the no brake surface areas, but they should be at least as good as ORM and are way less expensive.

Normally I would say it's not likely the rotors are warped, but instead have pad material transfer from sitting with brakes held too hard after long stops. But, I had some vibrations when the car was much newer and the dealer said the driver side rotor was warped in the hub/hat area. They replaced one rotor. I've had some progressively worse break pulsation lately so I decided to just replace pads AND rotors. Now, I can't say if the vibrations were just pad material baked onto the rotor surface, or if they were actually warped in the hub area again. Braking is nice and smooth now, and no noise at all. We'll see how the R1's hold up.

·
17,080 Posts
I was able to get her to start overheating today.

What do I win?

·
17,080 Posts
Keep it up and the Grand prize is going to be another week at the shop. Man you gotta slow down.
Hoping it's only the thermostat

·
17,080 Posts
Was able to get a last minute appointment at dealer this morning. It will be diagnosed, and hopefully fixed today.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
164 Posts
Added felt to center console/armrest in my 2015 Coupe to address creaking noise.

-Eric

·
17,080 Posts
Diagnosed as a thermostat sticking open (???).

Makes no logical sense to me. One of the other advisors is going to explain it further once they get back from lunch.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
164 Posts
Diagnosed as a thermostat sticking open (???).

Makes no logical sense to me. One of the other advisors is going to explain it further once they get back from lunch.

That makes no sense for overheating - they must have mid-spoken.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stiller fan
10921 - 10940 of 10944 Posts