Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

11041 - 11060 of 11108 Posts

·
CVT
1,041 Posts
Said bye bye to the factory ContiProContact tires (235/40r19) at around 56k miles and got myself a set of Pirelli P7 Cinturato A/S Plus (V’s) at 245/40R19 this time. Paid around $130 each including shipment to door. Less than a year of manufacturing date.

I drove around 300 miles today the first time after I got them installed and here are the immediate changes that I noticed;

"Both set at 33 psi front | 32 psi rear - when cold"

Pros;
  • Much quieter than Contis (Huge improvement honestly and I am doing a DB change comparison as proof to myself)
  • Way more planted feeling which Conti’s were quite the opposite. They were floating on the highway
  • Cornering is way better on the P7’s. My accord felt flat the first time ever
  • I felt less of any imperfections on the road. Overall felt much more stable on the road.
  • Used to feel as if we are in a washing machine before, it's all gone now.
  • Never ending scrubbing noise is history now
Cons
  • MPG dropped about 2 or 3 mpg
  • Car weight overall feels tiny bit heavier but again, much more planted
  • Not sure but transmission change points feels a bit different (could be related to ECU reset attempt that I did today OR due to change from 235/ to 245/. Though my intentions for the ECU reset was to let tranny adjust to the new width of the tires if that's even a thing?)
  • Speedometer show a bit slower - compared to GPS speed, I might be 2 miles faster than what speedo shows
Honestly, I could have never imagined a simple tire and a slight size change would make such major difference on overall feel of the driving. If thise was only me, I would still not believe what I am saying myself but wife confirmed all with me. Once, I even thought about replacing my Accord with another car all due to unhappiness with ride quality. Now, I love my Accord Touring once more and want to keep it at least 200k miles.

I am extremely happy with the Pirelli’s.
Have you had a chance to drive in the rain or through puddles? Interested to know what your experience is during winter/snow driving.

·
Registered
249 Posts
View attachment 522614
My toddler kept saying he wanted to “clean mama’s car” so we went out and detailed it this morning at 7am. At least it was cooler than the 90-something degrees it got up to later, gotta love a Tennessee summer!
NICE, where did youget that front red lip?

Also - tired and wheels - please tell me the whole set ? is this offset, I am totally new to this so if can explain

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
162 Posts
@user828 i wrapped the chrome piece in front and rear in Avery Dennison Satin Carmine red vinyl.

My wheels are ESR SR02 in black chrome finish. They’re 19x9.5 +22 squared (same size all around).it’s a pretty significant offset for the wheels, but I’m lowered almost 2” on TEIN Flex Z coilovers, so there is no longer any poke. Wheel size is pretty complicated and I can’t really do a TL;DR without writing a book haha, but I got my wheels from www.fitmentindustries.com and they have some good resources for learning more. Plus they have galleries so you can see what a certain size wheel looks like on your car.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Got the passenger side headlight replaced because the led strip was half lit. The driver side was replaced a few months ago. Didn’t have any issues with the dealer not wanting to replace either of them. I hope they know I’ll be coming back every time one dies lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Got the passenger side headlight replaced because the led strip was half lit. The driver side was replaced a few months ago. Didn’t have any issues with the dealer not wanting to replace either of them. I hope they know I’ll be coming back every time one dies lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As you should. There is a 10/yr unlimited mile warranty extension on them if you didn't know ;)

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,157 Posts
I will have those tires installed someday. Promise!!!

Trip to Rutgers yesterday again, and then to Nowhere, Kentucky.

I'm dead tired...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you had a chance to drive in the rain or through puddles? Interested to know what your experience is during winter/snow driving.
Had crazy storms the other day and I was out. One of the strongest rains I have ever experienced in Charlotte. I only had the change to drive within the city limits but tires were basically glued to the road. However, this should not be taken as reference as the tires were brand new and the traffic was around 40 mph

·
Registered
461 Posts
Conti tires finally replaced on my 2016 Sport. It has around 41k miles. Replaced it with Bridgestone Turanza EL400- 02.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dilla

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,157 Posts
Tuesday: Front brakes and rotors, splash shield/wheel well repairs, inspection, and tire install.

Today: she needs nothing for the first time in quite a while.

Soon: oil change

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
New owner.

2 weeks ago I added rain guards front/ rear. Front floor mats. Both WeatherTech. Custom front Neoprene seat covers going on this week.

I've had the dreaded starter issue and decided yesterday to do the TSB for the flex plate. Easy job. Hopefully this has fixed the issue and I don't have to swap starters.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
181 Posts
Replaced in-cabin and engine air filters - 43k miles. Found great write-ups on the in-cabin and 4 cylinder air filters so I shot one for my V6.

-Eric

11041 - 11060 of 11108 Posts