1,705 Posts

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,157 Posts
Reactions: Cepega

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Nice cheese grater on the left you got there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Debating if I actually want to install the dead pedal cover. It fits the motif but it is huge, but it has to be that size to cover the entire stock dead pedal. In the picture it is just sitting there, not attached yet.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
162 Posts
@WhiteOrchid Not quite that easy. You need to pry off the mirror glass, unscrew and unclip the front trim, then pop the clips for the rear trim. After that, it’s just two screws holding the light in place. I misunderstood where the clips were for the glass my first go around so I shattered the glass, which with my heated mirrors was a $65 mistake.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
@WhiteOrchid Not quite that easy. You need to pry off the mirror glass, unscrew and unclip the front trim, then pop the clips for the rear trim. After that, it’s just two screws holding the light in place. I misunderstood where the clips were for the glass my first go around so I shattered the glass, which with my heated mirrors was a $65 mistake.
How do you pop the mirrors out? I've done it on other cars, not this one. Once I have the mirrors out I'm sure I can figure out the rest.

Oh, and what to you think of the quality of the new lights? They look pretty decent in the pictures, but holding them in your hands can be a different thing altogether.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
162 Posts
@WhiteOrchid theres clips in a ring in the center of the mirror. I used a long and wife plastic pry tool to carefully lift them up. When I cracked the mirror, I thought they were closer to the edge RIP. It does help a bit to know which screws and clips to lift ahead of time but it’s not difficult at all once the glass is up.

Cant say anything negative about the quality of the lights. They seem great and perform excellent as you can see. Can’t beat it for $50.

·
Registered
249 Posts
How do you pop the mirrors out? I've done it on other cars, not this one. Once I have the mirrors out I'm sure I can figure out the rest.

Oh, and what to you think of the quality of the new lights? They look pretty decent in the pictures, but holding them in your hands can be a different thing altogether.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I found a number of videos showing how to disassemble the mirror as well. Here is the one in the mirror glass. Inside the post there are links to the other disassembly steps.

Same guy as above, I hadn't found his sequential light install video so that is exactly what we are all talking about.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is there one available for front and rear? or only side - I knew it was available for Sonatas

·
Registered
747 Posts
Those are pretty cool! How hard were they to install? Does the top shell of the mirror just pop off with a pry tool, is that how you get inside the mirror?

You'll see a closer image of the clips on the inside of the mirror housing, they are a bear to deal with especially if your trying to do it super carefully. There is a portion of the back side of the mirror ring can be seen that has the clips that cling onto that black pivoting ring.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts

You'll see a closer image of the clips on the inside of the mirror housing, they are a bear to deal with especially if your trying to do it super carefully. There is a portion of the back side of the mirror ring can be seen that has the clips that cling onto that black pivoting ring.
But to replace the turn signal lights, we don't need to take that black ring in the middle apart. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are referring to.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The mirror element snaps onto that black ring that is inside of the housing. That black ring is like a base that moves as you adjust the mirror.

Here is what glued onto the back of the mirror, this plastic bracket is what attached to the ring with 8 clips.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I just did a test run of removing the mirror and was able to get it out without breaking anything following the method in the video. The key is to get the pry tool deep inside and pry out on the plastic, not the rim of the glass (as Smoky alluded to above). I was tempted to just leave the glass out until my new turn signals come in but that could be a week or more. Once the first one or two clips come loose you are home free. Putting it back in was pretty easy and worked well.

For anyone attempting this it should be noted that the glass is larger than the plastic backing plate. Point being, the very rim of the mirror itself is just glass and the very outside rim should not be used to pry against. When I get the glass out again I'll try to remember to get a photo to show what I'm talking about.

11061 - 11080 of 11108 Posts