Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

11081 - 11100 of 11106 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just did a test run of removing the mirror and was able to get it out without breaking anything following the method in the video. The key is to get the pry tool deep inside and pry out on the plastic, not the rim of the glass (as Smoky alluded to above). I was tempted to just leave the glass out until my new turn signals come in but that could be a week or more. Once the first one or two clips come loose you are home free. Putting it back in was pretty easy and worked well.

For anyone attempting this it should be noted that the glass is larger than the plastic backing plate. Point being, the very rim of the mirror itself is just glass and the very outside rim should not be used to pry against. When I get the glass out again I'll try to remember to get a photo to show what I'm talking about.
You mean like this?
Minus the capton tape.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Yes, exactly. As you can see, the glass overhangs the plastic. Don't pry on that edge!

I used a pry tool that has an end with a 45 degree bend in it. This way I can use the tool to push outward on the plastic piece just below the circle of clips. You have to move the mirror to the far outward and upward position to get good access to the inside lower corner of the mirror as shown in the video.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,156 Posts
Just got done stripping the windshield of all water repellant.

Now, time to dry and apply a thick coat of rainx.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
My sequential turnsignals still haven't shipped. Seller sent some message about delays due to Covid. More than likely waiting for product to arrive from offshore. I could have a long wait on my hands. Last thing I had coming from China was shipped on 5/5 and I just got it on 7/30. This one says it is coming from KY, but where do THEY get it? LOL!

·
Lowest mileage 9th gen v6 on this forum!!
66 Posts
Some Griot's Garage Speed Shine, Synthetic Clay, and Wax.

An Hour of old-school Elbow Grease...

Result:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Guess what dealer will try to upsell me on when I'll go in for the fuel pump recall and trans TSB next week.

·
17,156 Posts

·
17,156 Posts
I believe that I fall into software upgrade and fluid drain/fill being deteriorated by high temp and that sounds like the culprit for the torque converter lockup.
Join the three pedal mafia. We're pretty chill, until you get us on back roads.

Reactions: glanzera21

·
Registered
741 Posts
But, they will definitely try to upsell me into an oil change and tire rotation based on that MM code.

I was eyeballing a manual 17 lx on local lot for 16.6k with 32000 miles

·
17,156 Posts
But, they will definitely try to upsell me into an oil change and tire rotation based on that MM code.

I was eyeballing a manual 17 lx on local lot for 16.6k with 32000 miles
You're due for oil change, to be fair...

·
Registered
741 Posts
And it is in lunar silver too, be an ex I'd probably shoot myself in the foot without giving it much thought. Then there are those 2 doors 6-6 kinda like the San Marino red or that blue, then there is that hemmate metallic that wasn't too bad.

You're due for oil change, to be fair...

True, but not paying dealer for it. I run Schafer oil.

·
Lowest mileage 9th gen v6 on this forum!!
66 Posts
I put some LEDs in the map light, dome light, courtesy lights, license plate lights, and trunk lights. And now I just have to do the vanity mirror lights and I'm good.

But I lost my trim tool 😞.

·
Registered
741 Posts
But I lost my trim tool 😞.
Use your CC to pry it open. I use old CCs on just about anything from Samsung tablets to Acer monitors to Vizio TVs and what not anything in between.

I even cut a V shape with a utility knife in one to pop the plastic clips off during the upgrade of the horns, which I did at local metropark.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
My sequential side turnsignals are arriving today. So, in anticipation I started disassembling the side mirrors. I managed to remove the mirror glass from both with breaking anything. That was my biggest worry, breaking those mirrors. So far so good! The rest should be easy. Going to do it with the mirrors still attached to the car.

·
17,156 Posts
Added a quart of oil the other day...

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
My sequential side turnsignals are arriving today. So, in anticipation I started disassembling the side mirrors. I managed to remove the mirror glass from both with breaking anything. That was my biggest worry, breaking those mirrors. So far so good! The rest should be easy. Going to do it with the mirrors still attached to the car.
Passenger side mirror completely disassembled with no issues. Just need the new lights.....

11081 - 11100 of 11106 Posts