Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

11221 - 11240 of 11310 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
They still trying to figure out at what shift the mishap happened of slapping v6 and a sport badges on a vehicle. Your sure did send them for a loop.

·
Registered
921 Posts
If there was no light blue circle ( base of the bulb) on neither side of it, then it's LED.
What you payed for it ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my timing belt/ water pump etc. replaced today. Woosh.... that's a good weight of my shoulders. Was going on 112k miles there. It kinda suks knowing, there was absolutely nothing wrong with her to have to take her to the mechanic shop and spend $400 on it... she was running absolutely fine.... but, given that the car that I owned before this actually had a timing belt attack and didn't make it. I knew, there was no warning. So every day I drove her. I was afraid.. so fortunately, that fear is gone :) yay me

·
Registered
2015 Accord EX sedan 6MT Alabaster Silver
15 Posts
I got my timing belt/ water pump etc. replaced today. Woosh.... that's a good weight of my shoulders. Was going on 112k miles there. It kinda suks knowing, there was absolutely nothing wrong with her to have to take her to the mechanic shop and spend $400 on it... she was running absolutely fine.... but, given that the car that I owned before this actually had a timing belt attack and didn't make it. I knew, there was no warning. So every day I drove her. I was afraid.. so fortunately, that fear is gone :) yay me
You have 6cyl? I thought 4 cyl had thinking chains.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Not impressed with quality of OEM parts so far ....

This is my second time tearing into this side. First was last winter, it was so cold that day.

Who is up for the trivia question: what has caused this ?

PXL_20200920_220055452.jpg

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,278 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Accord Touring V6 Sedan
24 Posts
This is my second time tearing into this side. First was last winter, it was so cold that day.

From what I can see in the pic, one pad is burnt all the way down and the other is fine?
From my experience this is caused when a slide pin in the caliper bracket seizes, it applies a majority of the force to one pad instead of both which burns it out very quick.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If there was no light blue circle ( base of the bulb) on neither side of it, then it's LED.
What you payed for it ?
Oh no marking ... i paid $38 for it

View attachment 524313
Snow and salt

·
Registered
921 Posts
Oh no marking ... i paid $38 for it
This reply got to be moved to your thread.

From what I can see in the pic, one pad is burnt all the way down and the other is fine?
From my experience this is caused when a slide pin in the caliper bracket seizes, it applies a majority of the force to one pad instead of both which burns it out very quick.
You're getting warmer.

On the rear brake caliper bracket right rear side, where does the pin with rubber bushing go, top or bottom?

Everywhere I looked including manual and online dealer stores it shows on top, but mine installed on the bottom from factory. Also, keep in mind that all manuals show assembly diagrams of left side of the vehicle.

Any insight on this?
Meanwhile I am installing it on top for the right side. I did not pull the pins to decrease them on left side as they were moving freely without issue, may do it later through when installing snow tires just to make sure it is on top.
This is by far the hardest/uncomfortable rear brake job I had to do compared to my other vehicles owned and currently own. Most of it comes down to extremely tight clearances and position of other elements like suspension, fairly short brake line and parking brake cable all of it make up a short leash to be on.

Thanks

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,666 Posts
@Cepega - Rust is the main culprit, but rust build up behind the little tin pad brackets is what caused them to stop sliding. Just went through this on my sons '03. When I pulled the calipers off, I had to beat the pads out of them. The rust had begun pushing from behind the pad sliders, causing them to bind. I wire wheeled that area clean before replacing with the new pad brackets. The passenger side I put the brackets in too quickly and noticed immediately the pads wouldn't just drop into the brackets. Whoops, back to the wire wheel with the other caliper. You can use a file to clean that area just the same. I still pulled the slider pins out, cleaned off the old grease and applied new. It was nice to see they were still moving freely.

11221 - 11240 of 11310 Posts