Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

11241 - 11260 of 11310 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
The outer pad got seized in the retaining stainless steel bracket the inner one was sticking, but not too bad. The cause? I am leaning towards the purple grease that was used at that time, well doing this in the winter probably did not help too much either.

·
Registered
2013 Accord Touring V6 Sedan
24 Posts
On the rear brake caliper bracket right rear side, where does the pin with rubber bushing go, top or bottom?

Everywhere I looked including manual and online dealer stores it shows on top, but mine installed on the bottom from factory. Also, keep in mind that all manuals show assembly diagrams of left side of the vehicle.

Any insight on this?
Meanwhile I am installing it on top for the right side. I did not pull the pins to decrease them on left side as they were moving freely without issue, may do it later through when installing snow tires just to make sure it is on top.
This is by far the hardest/uncomfortable rear brake job I had to do compared to my other vehicles owned and currently own. Most of it comes down to extremely tight clearances and position of other elements like suspension, fairly short brake line and parking brake cable all of it make up a short leash to be on.

Thanks
Never quite considered the bushing pin myself. I've always noticed the bushing on every car I've owned but to be honest I've never been good at keeping track at which one it came from so there's likely been many instances where I've reinstalled it into the opposite one. It's never caused me any issues so far, but I also do a thorough service on all my brakes every fall, so they're always very well lubricated.

And yeah I just recently did some work to my rears for the first time on my Accord and things were fairly tight to work with, mainly the parking brake cable was the biggest pain.
I'm in an extremely salty part of Ontario but I have to say my 2013's rear brakes are far, far less rusty than the ones you show in your picture. I was convinced the whole braking system was factory judging by the wear of the pads, but with how much cleaner mine are they must've been replaced or something.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,278 Posts
She's in for covered road hazard replacement. Not sure when it happened.

At Firestone. Hopefully, they know how to balance a tire correctly...
20200921_155348.jpg
20200921_155420.jpg
20200921_155719.jpg
20200924_101815.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Registered
921 Posts
Y past experience with tire shops is that they may know how to balance, but not how to mount it back on the vehicle. Lugnuts are always over tightened.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,278 Posts
Y past experience with tire shops is that they may know how to balance, but not how to mount it back on the vehicle. Lugnuts are always over tightened.
Some dealers have the same problem.

Firestone usually cant balance a tire to save their lives. I'm 2/2 success rate lately, thankfully.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Lowest mileage 9th gen v6 on this forum!!
84 Posts
I got my car back on the 16th after being sideswiped on the 30th.

Sideswipe pics

And after she came home

Thankfully, no injuries.

·
Lowest mileage 9th gen v6 on this forum!!
84 Posts
You can't tell that the panel and door that were replaced aren't original. The color match was that good. Even the seams are bang on in terms of panel gap size.

Reactions: seldomseen

·
CVT
1,093 Posts
You beat me to it. Ordered mine last week and will be here Monday. Just noticed the DC bar is relatively new to market for our car. Looks much beefier than the stocker.
It's a nice bar and easy to install. On the V6 the bar touches the back end of the engine cover though -- but no biggie.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,475 Posts
The outer pad got seized in the retaining stainless steel bracket the inner one was sticking, but not too bad. The cause? I am leaning towards the purple grease that was used at that time, well doing this in the winter probably did not help too much either.
I suggest you watch a few South Main Auto YouTube videos on brake jobs. He knows how to do "salt belt" brakes. He says the wire wheel doesn't remove the heavy rust, only shines it up. Have to use a file.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I suggest you watch a few South Main Auto YouTube videos on brake jobs. He knows how to do "salt belt" brakes. He says the wire wheel doesn't remove the heavy rust, only shines it up. Have to use a file.
I developed my process before I started to watch his channel, I had lots of practice with my Camry. My process, which is pretty much the same as SMAs.
The thing is that I noticed the brake problem on rear left by how the rotor looked. Most of the problem progression was during summer. I have a tendency to believe that there are several factors that may have contributed to my issue: vehicle was not driven every day consistently, steel wheels with hubcaps prevent good washing out of the salt from outside, lack of underside washing and pulling hand brake when parked causes pads to seize in the retaining clips.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Headed to the airport for a weekend trip to California to visit a friend. There was a major accident on the highway which caused me to be super behind. Just when I got past the traffic and thought I was in the clear with barely enough time to spare, I came upon a large piece of L shaped metal in the road spanning both lanes. Myself and two cars behind me hit it, no way around it. Sliced right through the front tire like a knife... I managed to get the spare on in like 20 min and got to my gate with less than 10 min left until boarding ended... oye. Looks like 4 new tires for me.

·
@breakneck speed
392 Posts
I took it to get my new tires that arrived, and got a flat on the way. Sliced the inside sidewall, on a jagged road edge drop off. I drifted a little right for an oncoming car(rural road).

Anyway, the few miles I have driven, the Eagle Exhilarate is a little smoother and quieter while still being a performance tire.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
221 Posts
I didn’t do anything, however someone else left me with with my $500 deductible after a hit and run yesterday - estimate at $2,100 for bumper, fender liner, resonator and refinish fender. Nothing on hood and headlight is okay (unless mounting tabs a cracked). Estimate from a Honda certified shop.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Accord EX sedan 6MT Alabaster Silver
15 Posts
Check to make sure whether the fender needs to be realigned. I had a similar bump, and the fender was pushed ever so slightly towards driver's door (visible to naked eye, still). The door/fender gap on my driver's side is noticeably tighter than the passenger door/fender gap.

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
221 Posts
Check to make sure whether the fender needs to be realigned. I had a similar bump, and the fender was pushed ever so slightly towards driver's door (visible to naked eye, still). The door/fender gap on my driver's side is noticeably tighter than the passenger door/fender gap.
It probably is and you can see the bottom front corner is pushed in slightly. The estimate includes removing and fixing the fender and as always there’s likely hidden damage.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pastaben

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I didn’t do anything, however someone else left me with with my $500 deductible after a hit and run yesterday - estimate at $2,100 for bumper, fender liner, resonator and refinish fender. Nothing on hood and headlight is okay (unless mounting tabs a cracked). Estimate from a Honda certified shop.

-Eric
<Sigh> 😥

Hope the car recovers from surgery fully/quickly. And you may want to get the front wheels aligned...

Can you deduct part/all of that $500 from you income taxes as an "uninsured loss"? Check with your tax advisor. I was able to deduct it when I had a hit/run last year. Every little bit helps...

11241 - 11260 of 11310 Posts