Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
12101 - 12120 of 12222 Posts

·
2010 2.4EX
752 Posts
Someone posted this on the stinger site last month. 65" tv. Impressive.

View attachment 534776
When you hang or stand that TV up and connect it for use, make sure you go through the automatic setup process. If it asks you “for home or store use” select ‘home’.

When you are up and running, select Samsung’s Movie mode - much less artificial processing of the picture.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
^^Not my tv. I'm still using a samdung 1080p from 2013. It gets used for about 1-2 hrs a day. Hard to justify replacing it just for the sake of replacing. I just got a 4k monitor for the pc with hdr. Tempted to get a tv with hdr but just can't (yet). Maybe that old on will die soon :). Also, space where it's going can at best accommodate a 55". 65" just a bit too big without major furniture upgrades.

They don't recommend transporting large tv's flat. Wonder what that did to the life of the unit.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,724 Posts
I think that bag might bring the MPG down a bit.

On a side topic. Has anyone seen or researched some better capacity rear struts/springs like old school load leveling?

I know Nivomat or Sachs used to make for other manufacturers. My old Sequoia had a version like this. It would sag but after a couple bumps it would "pump" itself higher hydraulically based on some internal valves. Load comes off, resets to standard height.
26.5mpg at 78mph.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
14,724 Posts
It's that dead body in fetal position in that bag of top of your roof that's slowing you down and creating too much drag.
Again, hopes and dreams of steelers season

Reactions: DerekWildstar

·
14,724 Posts
A/C out again, while driving 12 hours for work today.

Yay...

·
14,724 Posts
Note to self: unless @Cepega is around to push, get troublesome battery replaced before going to DC for work.

And, if you don't, know that you CAN bump start it in reverse as a last resort.

Reactions: Cepega

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Note to self: unless @Cepega is around to push, get troublesome battery replaced before going to DC for work.

And, if you don't, know that you CAN bump start it in reverse as a last resort.

What's wrong with with dropping it in third and go forward?

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,148 Posts
@Cepega your unofficial Uber customers are much nicer than mine.

I've gotten 3 brood X cicadas that crawled around on my instrument cluster while I was driving and a black horsefly that died of heat stroke in my back seat.

·
14,724 Posts
What's wrong with with dropping it in third and go forward?
Location and circumstance.

·
14,724 Posts
Waiting for battery replacement and A/C diagnosis.

If it was a rock that hit it, what do you guys recommend to better protect it moving forward?
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
14,724 Posts
You didn't already have the gutter guard on the grill?
I wish I did now.

I hadn't done it yet cause I have driven over a million miles without issues. Playing the odds, if you will.

Side note: I used to drive about 50k/year while on active duty. Never had a problem until November last year.

·
Prefers to shift his own gears
840 Posts
Waiting for battery replacement and A/C diagnosis.

If it was a rock that hit it, what do you guys recommend to better protect it moving forward? View attachment 534835

Something like this maybe:

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,722 Posts
I wish I did now.

I hadn't done it yet cause I have driven over a million miles without issues. Playing the odds, if you will.

Side note: I used to drive about 50k/year while on active duty. Never had a problem until November last year.

Yeah all it takes is one time obviously. I put it on my 9th gen within a couple weeks of purchase, and I clearly I don't drive as much as you do, but crossing through western Sconnie on 2-lane roads frequently enough, with farmers and gravel trucks pretty thick on one of my routes, I didn't hesitate. I know its saved me a few times when I couldn't get out from behind a "leaking load".

·
14,724 Posts
Something like this maybe:

I'm going to head to hardware store to see what my options might be..

12101 - 12120 of 12222 Posts