Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
12121 - 12140 of 12222 Posts

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,724 Posts
It's that dead body in fetal position in that bag of top of your roof that's slowing you down and creating too much drag.
the bag was flapping in the breeze so much on the return trip, even after tying it down via the straps. Was only getting 21mpg.

We decided to ditch the bag and pack in the back seat even more. 32-34mpg afterwards...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
14,724 Posts
Hatchbacks still rule...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I want a 9th gen 6spd accord wagon.

Barring that, a JDM-styled Odyssey "wagovan".

Hinged doors rock.

·
14,724 Posts
So, battery replaced after issues in DC last night, and A/C condenser will need to be replaced for the 3rd time since November, thanks to rock on highway yesterday.

It never ends. At least the weather is going to cool off by this weekend.

#courierlife

Reactions: TX Accord

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,148 Posts
With the A/C being in an area prone to rock damage and other debris, it'd be cool if Honda (and other automakers) eventually offered the mesh grille guard thing as a factory add-on for an extra cost. That'd be convenient.

·
14,724 Posts
RE stainless steel mesh, if there's a mcmaster carr in your area, they usually have this stuff in stock.
Never heard of that place, so that is likely a no.

Then again, is there one in Roswell? Biloxi? Fort Myers? Chicago?

·
14,724 Posts
Nearly hit a wrong way driver head on leaving my pick up point, after losing out on a 480 mile job thanks to it being cancelled.

I can write a book on the idiocy that I see some days...

·
I think I drove my 2013 too much.....
146 Posts
Nearly hit a wrong way driver head on leaving my pick up point, after losing out on a 480 mile job thanks to it being cancelled.

r/idiotsincars on Reddit.

That is all

·
2010 2.4EX
752 Posts
Nearly hit a wrong way driver head on leaving my pick up point,
after losing out on a 480 mile job thanks to it being cancelled.

Is it me, or are there more wrongway drivers today than twenty, forty years ago?

·
14,724 Posts

·
14,724 Posts
Not as much as here
Well, I would just need to join the highmileageclub subreddit too.

·
2010 2.4EX
752 Posts
I’m usually never the “things were better in my day”
guy, but in this case… yes. You’re absolutely correct.
I don’t know if I’m correct, but was asking because I see more reports of wrong ways in the news, and in forums like this. So it could be better reporting, or better reporting and actual increase. If wrong way travel on roads and highways is increasing, it’s time to examine the levels of heavy metals(lead, cadmium, mercury, etc) in our water and in other aspects of our environment.

Yes, I am a “things were better” years ago type guy, because when the chips are down, things WERE better in 1990, 1970, etc.

I’m working on getting back there by the time I reach 60, and enjoying my retirement!

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,148 Posts
20 years ago I was 2 years old, so I didn't know nor cared how people drove back then.

I would think that the increase in stupidity on the roads would be mostly due to both an increase in population and an increase of cell phone use. You'd be surprised at how many people brush texting while driving off like it's nothing...

·
14,724 Posts
Primary reasons I quit riding motorcycles are cellphone use and like @stiller fan said - you see a lot of stupidity as much as we're on the roads.
Some car cut off a motorcycle just the other day in ohio. The riders in the small group immediately directed the car to the shoulder.

The riders were not driving dangerously or recklessly, in case you are wondering...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Some car cut off a motorcycle just the other day in ohio. The riders in the small group immediately directed the car to the shoulder.

The riders were not driving dangerously or recklessly, in case you are wondering...

I swear it wasn't me.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What kind of motorcycles we're talking here: harleys or crotch rockets ? Because crotch rockets are known for a good amount of stupidity on the road at high speeds.

12121 - 12140 of 12222 Posts