Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
12341 - 12360 of 12415 Posts

·
i now have 2 cars to break!!! MUWHAHAH!!!!
14,905 Posts
I have yet to hear of a case of when insurance company was the one that got screwed.
Trufax.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
14,905 Posts
Thought it couldn't be done, but that red Camry parks worse than I do...
Oh, I saw this a few months ago...
Sky Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 Accord LX 6MT Modern Steel Metallic
143 Posts
Last ride with my car, at dealership now to swap rims...

Ok 10th gen, you have big shoes to fill. Let's see what you can really do...
So my question is what are you swapping? Are the '15 rims/tires going on to your new one? What is/was on the new one? Probably too late but any chance to keep the "other" set of rims/tires as spares or to put the winters on? Would it be easier or because you go through them fast it doesn't matter too much?

You go through them fast enough that you could make a review donation fund to offset any potential mileage penalties. "Stiller fan will be replacing tires next month". Send him some $ and what you might like reviewed. He'll draw from a hat on the choices and they will be worn out in 6 months. He'll update on tire qualities and life accordingly. Otherwise he might find one he loves for future use.

·
14,905 Posts
So my question is what are you swapping? Are the '15 rims/tires going on to your new one? What is/was on the new one? Probably too late but any chance to keep the "other" set of rims/tires as spares or to put the winters on? Would it be easier or because you go through them fast it doesn't matter too much?

You go through them fast enough that you could make a review donation fund to offset any potential mileage penalties. "Stiller fan will be replacing tires next month". Send him some $ and what you might like reviewed. He'll draw from a hat on the choices and they will be worn out in 6 months. He'll update on tire qualities and life accordingly. Otherwise he might find one he loves for future use.
The tires and rims that were on my 15 accord are now on the 18 accord. I did this to help keep operating costs in check.

It is about $40 cheaper, per tire, when I go with snow tires here in a few weeks.

Reactions: Cepega

·
Registered
143 Posts
The tires and rims that were on my 15 accord are now on the 18 accord. I did this to help keep operating costs in check.

It is about $40 cheaper, per tire, when I go with snow tires here in a few weeks.

16" on the old vs 17" on new one? 205-65-16 vs. 225-50-17

Better for potholes and bumps also.

The diameter is different also so know that as part of your mileage etc. Size comparison

·
14,905 Posts
16" on the old vs 17" on new one? 205-65-16 vs. 225-50-17

Better for potholes and bumps also.

The diameter is different also so know that as part of your mileage etc. Size comparison
Correct.

I have not yet determined if the speedometer and odometer will be off or not. I say that cause of how speed is calculated on my car.

First job this week, I'll know for sure. Will compare to my Garmin, as well as google maps for accuracy.

·
Registered
143 Posts

The X-ice Snow on Tire Rack is $63 less per tire between those 2 sizes. As you know the Xice is only one with a 40K treadwear warranty.

My son was in Pocono Springs, PA over the weekend it snowed and was sticking on the road on the way home. Don't wait too long for the snows ;)

Reactions: stiller fan

·
14,905 Posts
The X-ice Snow on Tire Rack is $63 less per tire between those 2 sizes. As you know the Xice is only one with a 40K treadwear warranty.

My son was in Pocono Springs, PA over the weekend it snowed and was sticking on the road on the way home. Don't wait too long for the snows ;)
Once I return from Florida in a couple weeks, they will be ordered and delivered for sure.

Had snow in Pittsburgh yesterday. Mountains got 2-4.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,223 Posts
Oh, I saw this a few months ago... View attachment 535724

He's just social distancing, how polite of him!
I am pretty sure entire family in my complex has you beat hands down, they couldn't park without hitting anything if their lives depended on it. Sometimes I feel like I am parking on streets of effin neuyok.
Oh nooo! Luckily, I just think lines are hard. My dad managed to back into a trailer even with a backup camera, though...

·
14,905 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
New to the Forum. Just bought a 2017 Honda Accord 3.5 Touring Coupe with less than 20k miles. Easy driving car but turns can be a little "squirrely". Just got my Cold Air intake in. Have Strut Bars and Rear Sway Bars on order. This is my Daily Driver.

Reactions: stiller fan

·
Registered
461 Posts
The weather was absolutely incredible out in my neck of the woods........awesome day to do something new to the car. So I put it up on jackstands and installed Whiteline adjustable end-links and new brake hose brackets in the back. They should be a welcome addition to my Progress sway bar. Now I'm debating on getting a complete AFE/Takeda or Magnaflow exhaust system. With new cars being in short supply and car dealers turning into vehicle scalpers I think I'll put a few new "fun parts" on my V6 coupe and drive it for a few more years......or at least until the new car market normalizes.:rolleyes:

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
2010 2.4EX
780 Posts
New to the Forum. Just bought a 2017 Honda Accord 3.5 Touring
Coupe with less than 20k miles. Easy driving car but turns can be a
little "squirrely". Just got my Cold Air intake in. Have Strut Bars and
Rear Sway Bars on order. This is my Daily Driver.
Before installing the new parts:

1) Check cold tire pressures against b-pillar spec.

2) Check alignment

3) Report your findings here

4) Have a great holiday!

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,732 Posts
The weather was absolutely incredible out in my neck of the woods........awesome day to do something new to the car. So I put it up on jackstands and installed Whiteline adjustable end-links and new brake hose brackets in the back. They should be a welcome addition to my Progress sway bar. Now I'm debating on getting a complete AFE/Takeda or Magnaflow exhaust system. With new cars being in short supply and car dealers turning into vehicle scalpers I think I'll put a few new "fun parts" on my V6 coupe and drive it for a few more years......or at least until the new car market normalizes.:rolleyes:
My 6-6 is very close to T-Belt mileage, sitting at ~101500 right now. Plan is to do that, and drive it another 100k, or until the car price crazyness dies off - I think it will be another 2-3 years at this point.

Car is just too much fun to drive without a payment!

·
2010 2.4EX
780 Posts
Before installing the new parts:

1) Check cold tire pressures against b-pillar spec.

2) Check alignment
My 6-6 is very close to T-Belt mileage, sitting at ~101500 right now. Plan is to
do that, and drive it another 100k, or until the car price crazyness dies off -
I think it will be another 2-3 years at this point.

Car is just too much fun to drive without a payment!
I thought timing belt changes were more in the 60-70,000(100,000km) mile range

·
14,905 Posts
I thought timing belt changes were more in the 60-70,000(100,000km) mile range
Severe service, yes...

12341 - 12360 of 12415 Posts