Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
12361 - 12380 of 12415 Posts

·
i now have 2 cars to break!!! MUWHAHAH!!!!
14,905 Posts
^^^

And then for non-severe conditions I'm pretty sure it's 105k.
Correct...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,732 Posts
Well, since the 9th gen throws up a MM code for it, I'm waiting until I see that (Or early next spring if I don't drive it much this winter). The "severe" conditions is pretty variable. Does someone like myself who uses all the throttle every day be considered "severe"? Temperature? I've drive in -25 weather and 100+. Is that "severe"

Honda has recommended 7yr/105k for quite some time now. I don't have the tensioner knock so not worried, it will happen soon enough. My kid just turned 40k on his 2013, and we are going to let it roll a couple more years.

·
14,905 Posts
How's that 10th gen whale working out for you?
Just moving along swimmingly...

·
14,905 Posts
What are your mpgs and I do not recall which trim you got and if you're still rowing through gears.
36-40mpg, depending on traffic, weather, and terrain.

I'm driving a CVT, sadly. 1.5T LX, with the 15 accord rims on there.

Reactions: Cepega

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So a AAA membership is on order for you since you can't push start it anymore? Speaking of AAA, is that type of road service would work for you given you're all over the place at all sorts of times of the day? I know you were on top of the maintenance, but we're talking emergencies here.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,223 Posts
If I remember right, someone had mentioned that AAA almost crossed their polarities during a jump or something. Actually, that might have been @stiller fan himself?

No AAA membership for me after reading that, at least.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If I remember right, someone had mentioned that AAA almost crossed their polarities during a jump or something. Actually, that might have been @stiller fan himself?

While all said is true, some like our roadrunner would definitely be watching like a hawk to supervise appropriate handling of his flying saucer.

·
14,905 Posts
So a AAA membership is on order for you since you can't push start it anymore? Speaking of AAA, is that type of road service would work for you given you're all over the place at all sorts of times of the day? I know you were on top of the maintenance, but we're talking emergencies here.
AAA is a million times better than Heico towing, who wanted to charge me $8-$10/mile when my engine blew January 2020, and refuse a tow on my friend's car when I ran over wtf ever is I hit in NY.

AAA isnt great, but it's better than the alternative.

And, the Crown Vic was the last big boat car, IMHO.

·
14,905 Posts

Yeah, that was me, during an attempted jump once. They tried, but I stopped them before it went down like that.

Reactions: Cepega

·
14,905 Posts
I'd hate to be paying the gas bill for a Crown Vic right now... I've seen a lot of them go up for sale in my area lately, probably for that reason.
26mpg highway if you're lucky, I think.

But, the parts are dirt cheap, and super easy to work on.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,691 Posts
My brother had a 92 Town Car. They actually had the nerve to put the mpg reading on the dash. Kind of depressing when it never gets above 13mpg.

Reactions: stiller fan

·
2010 2.4EX
780 Posts
In Honda's home country, and in neighboring Asian countries, Accords since 2008 would probably be looked upon, size-wise, the way Americans perceived the monster Chryslers and Cadillacs of the late 1960s and early '70s.

In reality, the only edge my 2010 Accord has on a 1970 Imperial is overall height - almost 4"(10cm) taller.

12361 - 12380 of 12415 Posts