Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
12841 - 12860 of 12903 Posts

·
BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
15,206 Posts
That dude seems to be enjoying the Florida weather abit too much, so you may not get your fuzzy delivery in time. They may turn into something like this:
by the time he gets back up to northern side.
You are slow to the game.

Been back since Tuesday...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
15,206 Posts
I guess I need to put updated airtag on yo batmobile.
You gotta catch me first...
Cloud Sky Slope Gesture Art

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Accord LX 6MT Modern Steel Metallic
244 Posts
Changed the oil and air filters, as well as fixing the squeaking brake pad bracket rubbing the rotor.
What part of brake pad bracket was rubbing the rotor? Pictures? better description?

·
Registered
44 Posts
What part of brake pad bracket was rubbing the rotor? Pictures? better description?
I think most places call it the hardware kit when changing the pads. One of them on my driver side shifted and when I would turn left I would hear a scraping sound. Would get louder and more pronounced the sharper I I'd turn. I did a Google should of my symptoms and there was a TSB for this issue on certain Honda's. Recommendation is to get a new hardware kit (retainer) and reinstall the pads. This is the link I found with the TSB and pictures.

·
Registered
2017 Accord LX 6MT Modern Steel Metallic
244 Posts
Spent a couple hundred dollars on a new Remote master key and 2 valet keys.

My son left for work, taking his own car after using Accord all weekend. I had wife's Pilot to get stuff after work. She called and asked where spare key was so she could get to work. Son had one, I had one and that was it. My father-in-law had to drive her to work.

By the way- dealer said my '17 LX 6MT holds 6 keys programmed. I now have 5 total so should be OK.

·
Registered
2013 Accord EX-L V6
10 Posts
Installed a Kenwood DMX47S with Metra kit and Pioneer Sub with enclosure, Pioneer TS-A2000LB. Not sure the sub is going to give me the punch I'm looking for. I need to install the amp and get away from the stock amp for better control for a true test.
Honda original cargo net 08L96-T2A-100.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord Touring 2Dr Coupe V6 3.5
4 Posts
Im installing the LED Galaxy “Star/Twinkle” Effect and also reupholstering my headliner and hopefully my sunroof visor!
i haven’t made it around to try and pulling it out so I will update when I do. If you know any quick tips for that please lmk! I’m still waiting on my fabric sadly shipping is way past it’s due date

Guys I appreciate the feedback and sorry it took me this long to reply but me and my buddy finally got it out. Honestly it was definitely a job we just never actually commited enough time to figure it out. My problem was I didn’t know if you were supposed to take out the I guess “C Pillars” in my 17 Honda Accord touring coupe it’s the one seatbelts are attached too.
LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!!!
THEY DO NOT NEED TO COME OFF!!!!

1. Remove all “Oh-Shit bars/handles”
2. Remove both sun visors and rear view mirror
3. Remove any other possible restraints like the Dome lights
3. LOOSEN all A,B,& C Pillars ( None of them come fully off just enough to where you can pull the headliner out.
4. Once you have it all “Loose” your ready to start pulling the headliner off of the clips.
4 in the front “Closest to review mirror/Dash”
I personally have the touring it’s fully loaded and has the sunroof so I grabbed it right there got those 4 loose
5. Go to the back seat and very EASILY & CAREFULLY pull the back out from underneath all the pillars “Your prob gonna be scared to mess it up! I know I was” but don’t I promise it’s okay.
6.Once everything is finally loose and it’s hanging on my personal car there were quite a few wires that the factory had taped on top of the Headliner and I just cut each piece of tape with my rzr blade knife. Once cut you will be able to carefully remove it through front Passenger Door!

There is no pretty way of getting it out for me at least there wasn’t I left all seats in and just simply
Removed the headrest’s on both driver & passenger side. Also i scooted both seats all the way forward and leaned them completely up.
If you have any questions, Comments, Tips, Tricks on this or hell anything to do with our cars, PLEASE DO TELL!!!

YES THIS TAKES TIME!! DO NOT TRY & RUSH!!
I did everything by myself until it came to taking it out!
It IS POSSIBLE TO DO IT ALONE,
Just not advised not by me

Pics of headliner and inside of vehicle Below

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Great life hack right here... a car that can't run half the time will only consume half as much fuel! Genius! 🤯

While we're on the topic of car care "tips"... friendly reminder for everyone to change their blinker fluid!
I got me some 6 quarts and an online filter received today. The question is should I drain and fill, drive a week or so drain, install filter and fill it with new fluid. It would be roughly 15-16k miles since last drain and fill three times after supposed tsb software update by the dealership, I declined fluid exchange part, because I didn't not want them wrenching on my car.

12841 - 12860 of 12903 Posts