Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.. As the title mentions, I want to remove the "H" emblem from the center caps but I don't want to break them. It seems like you should just have to kind of squeeze the tabs together on the back and push forward but it doesn't want to budge. Is there some sort of trick to get these things out? I feel like if I press any harder they will break! Any help is appreciated :thmsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
82 Posts
If you remove the "H" there will be 3 slots exposed correct?
I would thing the "H" would look better than the slots.
Or were you planning on using some type of cover?
Just wondering.......

·
Registered
416 Posts
The H is in with a prong and 3M tape, really not possible to get me out with out breaking but new ones are only ~$20-25

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I planned on putting the H back on the centercap after dipping it... There is a little gap between the H and the centercap in some spots and when you peel the dip off, it doesn't make a very clean break. The dip on the H and the dip on the cap sort of bonds together and tears when you peel it off.

If you push on the center tab on the back of the cetnercap, the H slightly moves out and back, just seems to be locked in by the 2 side tabs that don't want to budge.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I planned on putting the H back on the centercap after dipping it... There is a little gap between the H and the centercap in some spots and when you peel the dip off, it doesn't make a very clean break. The dip on the H and the dip on the cap sort of bonds together and tears when you peel it off.

If you push on the center tab on the back of the cetnercap, the H slightly moves out and back, just seems to be locked in by the 2 side tabs that don't want to budge.
Are you talking about plasti dip? Just use a knife and carve around the H and then peel it, it should peel off fine. That's what I did.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
Look pretty good as they are..

·
Registered
97 Posts
anyone figure this out?

I managed to take off 3 of the H emblems, but I broke the 4th one lol.
I was able to remove all 4 without a problem. They way I'd did was by pushing the tabs from the inside out. It takes a little force to get them out. If you break a tab the center cap will still hold the emblem.

The H is in with a prong and 3M tape, really not possible to get me out with out breaking but new ones are only ~$20-25
I don't know about your emblem. Mine didn't have and 3m tape on them

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
I was able to remove all 4 without a problem. They way I'd did was by pushing the tabs from the inside out. It takes a little force to get them out. If you break a tab the center cap will still hold the emblem.
wow, the 3 I removed was by struggle. On the forth one, I broke the emblem, so if I take it out, it wont go back in.

I ordered a new set, so I'll try your method asap. Was that all you did to remove?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I was just curious if anyone has figured out how to pop them out or if its better to just buy the " H " Symbol after you break it off the part?

·
Sport Mode
233 Posts
Hey, I was just curious if anyone has figured out how to pop them out or if its better to just buy the " H " Symbol after you break it off the part?
what I did was I broke the 2 tabs on the back and the emblem popped out. I painted it, then put it back in. It had enough length where it wont pop out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts