Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Based on the information in this thread, All 8th gen BBK's fit the 9th gen.

That means, Buddy Club, D2, KSport, etc.

We already knew the rears fit due to the same rear suspension. This is awesome.

While most Accord drivers don't need this, some of us appreciate it and like having that much braking power.

$2300 is the typical price, which I'm surprised didn't go up because that's about the price I paid back in 2004 for my 332mm STOPTECH 4 piston kit.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Based on the information in this thread, All 8th gen BBK's fit the 9th gen.

That means, Buddy Club, D2, KSport, etc.

We already knew the rears fit due to the same rear suspension. This is awesome.

While most Accord drivers don't need this, some of us appreciate it and like having that much braking power.

$2300 is the typical price, which I'm surprised didn't go up because that's about the price I paid back in 2004 for my 332mm STOPTECH 4 piston kit.
http://thmotorsports.com/stoptech/stoptech_big_brake_kit/83436430051/i-279455.aspx

that's a bargain

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that's a great price!

Anyone would be dumb to go with Ksport, D2, Buddy Club BBKs with STOPTECHs being well priced and without a doubt much better quality.
Agreed!!

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
In that thread the OP says that the Stoptech BBK in the link above won't fit our 9th gens though..now I'm confused
That was what people initially though since the front suspension is different. Look at the date of that thread.

Although Honda did indeed redesign front suspension, they kept the mounting points the same to utilize the same brake hard to save cost.

This benefits us in the end.

I had always suspected 8th gen front brakes would fit from studying parts diagrams.

2013 Front brakes (look at mounting bracket, looks the same)

2012 Front brakes

2013 Front knuckle (look at the mounting point, looks the same)

2012 Front knuckle

·
Registered
923 Posts
In that thread the OP says that the Stoptech BBK in the link above won't fit our 9th gens though so now I'm confused. I looked up the part # of the Stoptechs for the 2013 Accord and they match up to the Stoptechs for the 8th gen/2009-2011 TSX.
The amazon link is a fit direct from the manufacturer. Not sure of the others but they are different numbers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The amazon link is a fit direct from the manufacturer. Not sure of the others but they are different numbers.
It's the same part #s for both sites. same rotor size, same pad shape,same applications (2009-2011 TSX/8th gen Accord) etc..

Thmotorsports have different #s because of different colors/whether or not you want a slotted or drilled rotor.

·
Registered
923 Posts
It's the same part #s for both sites. same rotor size, same pad shape,same applications (2009-2011 TSX/8th gen Accord) etc..

Thmotorsports have different #s because of different colors/whether or not you want a slotted or drilled rotor.
83.436.4300.71 Is the BB part number from their site for a 2013 Accord coupe

The other one listed on the link when opened is 83.436.4300.51

If you scroll down you will see the 71 number is 1762.23 still better then my link at 2295.00

Not sure what the difference is other then color of caliper unless brake lines are different?

And the one I posted was slotted, and the other link is drilled as you pointed out.

At 1762.23 it is very tempting but I want wheels for next summer so I have winter/summer rims and the appropriate tires on each. They wont cost me too much more then the brake kit!

I have bookmarked the link though:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.