Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone tried the 9th gen stock wheels and tires set on 7th gen accord? Will they fit well? Im considering either the 16'' LX wheels (with 205/65r16 tires) or 17'' EX wheels (with 215/55r17 tires). They are slightly larger than what we should put on 7th gen but I think it wouldn't cause any big problem right?

Which one you guys like better?

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Any OEM 5x114 Honda/Acura wheel will fit. From 16" up to 19"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any OEM 5x114 Honda/Acura wheel will fit. From 16" up to 19"
Thanks, the seller has a brandnew 16" set for 550$ (firestone affinity tires) and a used 17" set for 650 (michelin mxv4 with probably 5000 miles on it). Im prefer the 17" but a little bit worried about the used tires.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Those michelins will last another 80k if that's actually the mileage they have on them.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
I'd go with the 17's just to get the Michelins, they are excellent tires. If you are serious the seller will let you mount them and put weight on the car to see if they are holding air.

·
838 Posts
I'd go with the 17's just to get the Michelins, they are excellent tires. If you are serious the seller will let you mount them and put weight on the car to see if they are holding air.
:confused: Weight suspended has no effect on tires holding air nor the air pressure when read by a tire gauge. I would just take a gauge and see what they read, and ask when they were taken off the car to find out how long they've been sitting without being filled.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Those michelins will last another 80k if that's actually the mileage they have on them.
Another 80K??? Like 80,000??? Michelin's warranty on those tires is to 60K. I haven't even heard of a passenger car going 80K on a set. At least not on a Honda (I work in Honda Service). Unless you like to drive them until they're slicks :dunno:

·
Registered
575 Posts
No way they'll last 80K unless it's all highway driving.

The Energy MXV4s on my EX are only at 40K and almost worn down to the wear bars. I'll probably get 45-50K out of them (50K is the treadwear warranty), but no more. The Primacy MXV4s are rated for 60K and I doubt they'll go for much more than that unless you either run them down until they're bare or are only doing highway driving. Still a great tire though.

·
Banned
13,100 Posts
Forget alleged mileage.

1) Spend $3 and get a tire tread depth gauge. Know the truth.
2) What is the 4 digit date code on the tires?

Do you live in an area where they steal new Honda wheels? I ask because the 9th Gen forum has a few members who had their beautiful sport wheels stolen. Here in Chicago, it is Honda Fit wheels that get taken.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
date code for 2 sets are 1413 and 1513 so they are similar. I will get a tire tread gauge and check them tomorrow
Rick, the wheels are not stolen, they are take-off wheels from a guy working in the parts department for a Honda dealer, my friend knows him
He said the 17'' would look big on my car and give me a harsh ride compared to the 16'', also worse MPG. Anyone has photos of them on a 7th gen?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
not sure about the Michelins but I got 100K highway miles out of some Bridgestones not long ago.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
:confused: Weight suspended has no effect on tires holding air nor the air pressure when read by a tire gauge. I would just take a gauge and see what they read, and ask when they were taken off the car to find out how long they've been sitting without being filled.
Weight will exacerbate and therefor hopefully uncover a leak if there is one. I caught a tire with a small leak thus way once, never hurts if you are serious to do something free that should help out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weight will exacerbate and therefor hopefully uncover a leak if there is one. I caught a tire with a small leak thus way once, never hurts if you are serious to do something free that should help out.
Good advice, will try that as well. I hope the Michelin tires are good so I can get that set tomorrow, otherwise get the 16'' set with $550 is not a bad choice right?

·
838 Posts
Maybe not the energy model, but the Michelins I put on my car 2 months ago came with a 90k mile warranty. They may have been the MXM4s Primacy or whatever. I got 80k out of my last set of michelin harmonys - tread was fine on them. one just started wearing through to the belt on the inside shoulder about 3/4 the way around the tire.

·
07 I4 MT coupe
198 Posts
to answer part of your original question, the split 5 point look better to me.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
Maybe not the energy model, but the Michelins I put on my car 2 months ago came with a 90k mile warranty. They may have been the MXM4s Primacy or whatever. I got 80k out of my last set of michelin harmonys - tread was fine on them. one just started wearing through to the belt on the inside shoulder about 3/4 the way around the tire.
That's impressive. Michelins are damn good all around tires too.

to answer part of your original question, the split 5 point look better to me.
I like the split 5 look better but they are just so tiny looking...I love the split 5 look of my stock '06 wheels but I wish they were 1 inch larger.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Btw what tire pressure shoud I now? Still follow the original no like 30psi front, 29 psi rear or should I adjust for the new tire size?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I didn't know people actually strictly adhere to the factory recommendation. Anywhere between 30-35 is fine, IMO. It's not like you're going to have a blowout from having 35 psi in the tires.

·
838 Posts
I have 205/55/16 on my car and the recommendation in the door jam is 32f/30r. I run 40/38 and get 3-4 more mpg with no additional centerline wear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts