Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys owner for about two months. Just got back from class to clean my car and noticed someone must've scratched my back bumper.

It looks alot worse in person. Any ideas how to get it fixed? I don't mind paying someone to do it. I just think it looks pretty bad being black. Thanks for any advice guys.

The paint is alabaster silver if anyone couldn't tell.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get touch up paint and then wet sand it down..never tried it but that's what I hear needs to be done.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I have the ASM touch up pen from the parts store and its a dead match on my bumper. You could try that first, if it does not meet your expectations you are going to have to pay a body shop to do it.

Jay

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,123 Posts
If you want it perfect then pay to have it done. If okay is good enough then take a shot with touch up paint.

·
4,637 Posts
Lots of youtube video's on this repair. I'd go with a mobile paint repair guy. A fraction of the cost to fix it as a body shop. Maybe even around $100. It's plastic so it won't rust. I'd fill it in will touch up paint via a toothpick then proceed with several stops after that. Including wet sanding etc. 2000 grit or so.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,123 Posts
Good call.......most dealerships have a mobile guy on call for just such mishaps on their lot & trade ins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Similar situation but with scuff lines...any suggestions?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts