Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tom
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2008 Honda Accord EX-L stopped diverting the air conditioning to the front panel or down at the feet. No matter the setting, the air blows out of the defrost vents onto the windshield.

I figure that it's either a bad motor or a blown fuse. The fuse would be an easy check if I could figure out which fuse feeds that motor. Anyone know? I can't seem to find a good diagram that tells me which one.

Anyone ever have to replace that motor? How hard would it be if that's the issue?

Thanks!

·
Something Cliché Here
484 Posts
Air is diverted to defrost mode as a safety in all cars when a fault is in the system. This guarantees safe driving. You should have the system scanned for codes. They do not have fuses for the individual actuators. The head or control unit powers them. Depending on what one is bad it maybe difficult to replace. These are not that easy to diagnose, sorry. If you find out what code is stored referenceing the bad actuator we maybe able to help more. The shop needs to have a scanner that can scan the HVAC system, not a small OBD2 scanner like Autozone has.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts