Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my 2011 EX-L a lot. However, I noticed a couple things:

1)The heater/blower motor seems loud when it runs. Is that a common complaint people have posted?

2)I can't tell if the vehicle assist button is on or off, nothing lights up on the dash.........blown fuse?? :dunno::dunno:

I replaced an accord with 185,000 miles on it. This one is a lot quieter and larger, and has more power...........so change is sometimes good...........:)

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
1) Check the cabin filter to make sure it's not clogged. The motor does have a whine to it but it isn't obnoxious.

2) I'm guessing you mean traction control / VSC? You're holding it down for a few seconds right, because my car a light goes on in the gauge cluster and it beeps when it's off. If it's doing neither it might be the button itself has gone bad, and I'd pull the dash trim off to look at it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2) I'm guessing you mean traction control / VSC? You're holding it down for a few seconds right, because my car a light goes on in the gauge cluster and it beeps when it's off. If it's doing neither it might be the button itself has gone bad, and I'd pull the dash trim off to look at it.
VSA also cannot be disabled if any errors exist in TPMS

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like my 2011 EX-L a lot. However, I noticed a couple things:

1)The heater/blower motor seems loud when it runs. Is that a common complaint people have posted?
Yes, its loud and very annoying because Honda cheaped out and didn't put on the passenger side insulator panel for a lot of cars. The fix is to buy the OEM panel from College Hills Honda and install it which literally takes 30 seconds. This was one of the first purchases I made to my car.

Here is the part:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/77346-TA6-A01.html

·
v6 powah!
27 Posts
Yes, its loud and very annoying because Honda cheaped out and didn't put on the passenger side insulator panel for a lot of cars. The fix is to buy the OEM panel from College Hills Honda and install it which literally takes 30 seconds. This was one of the first purchases I made to my car.

Here is the part:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/77346-TA6-A01.html
Wow, never knew that part existed. Thanks Honda.

As others said, change the cabin filter. When I bought my '11 CPO it said the filter was changed but I had my doubts. Changing it eliminated 90% of noise and seems to have doubled airflow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help. Will get the part and install it. Going to have this Accord for several years so might as well get it done.......:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts