Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some small mods I did on my car:
I didn't want to see the I-Pass or tollway transponder in the windshield like this car:

So, I painted mine black - covered-up the bar code with electrical tape

After drying I mounted it on the back of the rear-view mirror - no pic becasue you can't see it

To prevent items from falling-down the gap between the center counsel, and front seats:

I used pipe insulation:

Cut a slit to fit over the seat belt, and pushed it down, and around to the front - working so far. In the pic it is up a little higher so you can see it - otherwise you wouldn't notice it.

When you open the gas door - I felt a clunk - like metal on metal, so I glued-in some weather-stripping to soften the stop. (fuzzy grey material on the hinge) I like the feel now:
\
When I saw these in the garage - I got an idea:

Next step

Taking shape:

Complete and mounted - grocery hooks for the trunk:

Next the cup holder - cut some absorbent material, and glued it to some open cell foam:

Cut them to shape, and glued a rope to aid in removal:

Installed:

Next a cubby hole cover - cut some aluminum sheet, and checked the fit:

Cut some black pleather to cover the aluminum:

Glued it up:

Side one done:

I then folded-over the sides, glued it up, and clamped it for ~ 2 days - final product:

Here's a long shot:

Grill has a little too much chrome:

So I wrapped the "H" logo:

That's all for now - still have a few more planned ....

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
1,217 Posts
^ lol thats what i was saying...good job on the DIY mods though.
If were from canada, your name would be Red Green.
"if the ladies don't find handsome, they should at least find you handy."

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great mods, def going to look into the cup holder one.

Reactions: rexgo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Need arm rest idea.

HI, my first post. Hello to everyone.

What about improving something for a drivers arm rest? I find mine unusable.

Having some place to rest my arm would be nice.

Frank

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The grille has too much chrome...so you wrap the H? lol wuh
Well - let's just say i wanted to black-out the grill portion - haha

Thks all for the comments.

·
Thunder Up!
3,020 Posts
At least your lucky and it's not like the sedan grille with chrome bars across it....as if we needed more chrome. Nothing some gloss black vinyl can't fix, but it's still annoying. Can't wait to do the rest of the front end, window trim and hopefully color match the door handles at some point

·
2.5th gear
306 Posts
why so many dislike the chrome ? i as a blue obsidian sport 2014 6mt. and i like all the chrome all over the car. it just feels right. makes the car so much more Luxury then the other on the road.
dunno but i like chrome.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Chrome on these newer cars looks tacky. I don't think it's even real chrome, just plastic chrome.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why so many dislike the chrome ? i as a blue obsidian sport 2014 6mt. and i like all the chrome all over the car. it just feels right. makes the car so much more Luxury then the other on the road.
dunno but i like chrome.
Agree - I like the "chrome" too. Just wanted the grill blacked-out I'm stopping there. Hell, I just added chrome wheels.

...I don't think it's even real chrome, just plastic chrome.
Good question - you are likely correct. Even thou "plastic chrome" looks different there are advantages. (lighter, no pitting, more easily fixed)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
So what is your idea for the space right in front of the gas door release lever so that folks can prevent their things (like house keys or the fob, God forbid) from dropping into the bottomless hole?

·
Registered
135 Posts
did you use gloss black vinyl wrap for your Honda emblem?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Attachments

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
Yes - 3M 1080 - had to do it twice - I cut too much off when trimming.
Good job on the vinyl wrap not an easy job at all requires some skill.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
These mods are small, but they sure are fancy and a nice touch! I really love the look of the leather cover under the radio. How are the grocery hooks holding up? Do they tend to rotate and swing downwards and let the groceries fly around in the trunk?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So what is your idea for the space right in front of the gas door release lever so that folks can prevent their things (like house keys or the fob, God forbid) from dropping into the bottomless hole?
I'd try the same foam (pipe insulation)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts