Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I know this combo (8th gen cpe w/ vulkans) has been done before (next_milenium, taffy) but not sure if anyone has done it staggered and the deal I got on them was one I couldn't pass up. They are..

Wheels:
Privat Vulkan
20x8.5 +35mm offset Front
20x10 +35mm offset Rear

Tires:
Toyo Extensa HP
225/35/20 Front
245/35/20 Rear

And I did have some doubters that this offset and tire size wasn't gonna work and whatnot because it was too low of an offset and it would push it out too far and cause rubbing. And also the stretching of the tires in the rear weren't safe. But I did my research on various sites, so I took the risk and it paid off. I feel extremely comfortable with my decision and I LOOVVVEE the way my car looks now.

They're currently mounted, balanced and rolling.. no rubbing whatsoever.. no issues whatsoever :)

mind I am dropped on H&R springs as well..

Too dark to take full on pics right now but they'll come soon!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The wheels look nice and I bet they look great on the car. I do hate the stretched tire look, don't understand why it's popular, but it's not my car.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
We need pics ! Pics! Lol
Car must look amazing glad you went with a staggerd set-up . Not sure how 245 on a 10" will look but I guess will see.....meaning tire been to stretch

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! yea they look really nice on the car. You know, I didn't understand the stretched term for awhile. I kind of fell off on the car scene for a bit. But I did remember when I had my G35c I was apparently 'stretching' 255/35/20's on a 20x10 only because I read up on the specs on tirerack.com and not because it was a trend or anything, I had no idea people were starting to 'stretch' tires on their wheels.. I only did it because on tirerack.com the specs say max rim width is 10" for a 255/35/20 tire.. then people would come up to me and say 'I like the stretch in the rear' I was huh?? what are you talking about haha but now I understand it a bit more.

btw, after doing a lot of research.. 245/35/20's on a 10" wide wheel is a very mild I guess 'stretch' by comparison. It seemed to be a popular and safe combo in the 'stretch' community. I honestly could care less about the look of a stretch tire. My main thing was, is it safe to do because the tire price is ridiculously cheap for the brand and model. Basically If I found a tire combo say 245/30/20f and 275/30/20r that was cheaper then what I bought I would of done it. Tire price/brand was more my concern.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Where are the picssssss......????? Lol
You can't really go by what shops tell you i learned my leason when i purchased my first 20" wheels F8.5-R10 the place were i was getting them from kept telling me that 10" wheel woun't fit since the car its a front wheel drive and they were pushing me to go with a 8.5 all around i said no i want a 10" wheel on back so they told that there wasn't going to be no turning back/money back if i didnt like how it will turn out. After the install EVERYONE at the shop had there JAWS touching the floor...lol

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

:yes:

I'm wondering w/ my HFP drop, considering how mild it is...how large of a tire I could fit w/o rubbing or the next to roll the inner fender...w/ 20x10's out back

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can't really go by what shops tell you i learned my leason when i purchased my first 20" wheels F8.5-R10 the place were i was getting them from kept telling me that 10" wheel woun't fit since the car its a front wheel drive and they were pushing me to go with a 8.5 all around i said no i want a 10" wheel on back so they told that there wasn't going to be no turning back/money back if i didnt like how it will turn out. After the install EVERYONE at the shop had there JAWS touching the floor...lol
soon soon.. gonna go get my car washed up first lol

haha yea.. the place i ordered the wheels from sounded very hesitant to sell me the wheels at first, they even called konig/privat and they even said it wasnt an approved wheel fitment haha until i mentioned these forums and my research.. then they were like 'oooooooook, i guess so' lol and the guys at the wheel shop where i got them mounted went crazy after they open the boxes up, they loved the look and color of these wheels.. the owner was so amazed i got them for so cheap.

·
08 coupe
5 Posts
wow 20x10 that crazy can wait to see pics

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Do us all a favor log off go wash your car and post pics...LOL

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
:worthless:cig:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here we gooooooooo.... :)

1st pic-before wash
2nd pic-after wash
3rd pic-front/side
4th pic-rear/side
5th pic-looking down on the rear

ENJOY!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hey looks very nice . Yeah if you wouldve gone with a wider rear tire it was going to be a no no hate to say this but u need to go lower.....

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Can you post a butt pic showing the tire tires?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey looks very nice . Yeah if you wouldve gone with a wider rear tire it was going to be a no no hate to say this but u need to go lower.....
hey thanks! Yea after I got the wheels on, i felt like i wanna go lower too..but we'll see howe these h&r's settle after a few weeks, I just got those too lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
How much did you get the wheels for?
I was looking at these also. I need to move onto some 20's

1 - 20 of 32 Posts