Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have a problem with my radar (it doesn't enter the second stage of calibration - at least that's what my dealer says). They have been waiting for hints from Honda for a month now. I really can't explain the issue - apparently, nothing happened that could justify the malfunction. There's no code showing that the radar itself or its connections are faulty. The car was involved in an accident but its radar didn't suffer from it and worked properly for over a year after my ride had been repaired. I would blame some half crashed wires that gave way with time, but the dealer excluded such a cause. They say it may be because the suspension was modified (lowered on TEINs). Again I'm not convinced as I had her lowered while she was still being repaired and all the systems based on the radar worked ok later on until that unlucky moment when they went out all of a sudden. I really don't care whether I'm right or not and I'm ready to try restoring the car to its original height - would you say it's possible the car suddenly reacted to a change after such a long time? I don't know the factory radar height. I have no idea what else I could do. I'm not really into buying a new radar if I'm not sure it is faulty. I have already bought an AT position sensor and it didn't help to solve the S mode issue...Can somebody help me?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm not sure what "second stage of calibration" refers to. There are several steps involved in setting up the vehicle for radar or camera aiming and performing the static aiming procedures. Some Honda models also require a second dynamic aiming procedure in addition to the static aiming, but this applies to the camera and not the radar and does not apply to the 2018-current Accord.

If radar aiming fails, there will be a 3-digit failure code displayed in the multi-information display that indicates why the aiming failed.

One of the general requirements for aiming according to Honda is that the suspension has not been modified, but the Accord's aiming procedure doesn't specifically warn against this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts