Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was T-Boned on my driver's side on Tuesday. My satin silver metallic 7th gen Accord I named Sophia for Sophia Loren that silver fox is totaled due to the impact on the C pillar. I had some good times working on it and great times driving it. Every repair I did no matter how small felt great knowing that I was doing it. The side curtain airbag and seat airbag deployed and saved me from alot worse injuries. Goodbyes are hard...

·
2020 best year
4,122 Posts
2020 has been awesome for everyone, I see...

Good to know you are fine, though. It's hard to part with cars but at the end of the day, they are replaceable. People are not.

Sent from GM1917. Technology!

·
Registered
106 Posts
The obligatory: Thank goodness you're OK part. The man that sucks part. I can relate. If you've come to the point where you've named her, then it is like losing a family member. I still remember when my 19 year old daughter killed Little Red by turning left into oncoming traffic. Wife: OMG is she OK? Me: No! She looks totaled. Oh, and our daughter is a little shook up, but she's fine.

At least you get to shop for a new set of wheels now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wife: OMG is she OK? Me: No! She looks totaled. Oh, and our daughter is a little shook up, but she's fine.
Ive caught myself time and again talking to someone about my car and using the words "she" and "her" about a dozen times.

At least you get to shop for a new set of wheels now. :cry: Too soon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your ride. I actually just hit a deer with my 2017 F150 on Sunday night, coming back from the cabin.... Was able to hit the shoulder, ended up with only a scratch on my fender flare... got extremely lucky.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your ride. I actually just hit a deer with my 2017 F150 on Sunday night, coming back from the cabin.... Was able to hit the shoulder, ended up with only a scratch on my fender flare... got extremely lucky for doing 80 MPH.
Did you keep it? If you pickup truck hunt, they are always in season.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your ride. I actually just hit a deer with my 2017 F150 on Sunday night, coming back from the cabin.... Was able to hit the shoulder, ended up with only a scratch on my fender flare... got extremely lucky.
Very glad the truck and you are ok, but is that what happens when violating "stay at home" orders? Doh! 😏

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry to hear, however if you were not at fault, you should be sitting good, as far as replacement goes any up-grades and or repairs made the other insurance co should reimburse you + ? pain and suffering ? so if you pick up a lower mileage 03 - 07 you should have enough $ left over to replace all the incidentals like time belt / water pump all idler bearings. brakes frt. & rear, shocks frt. & rear , up & low Control arms power Steering pump plus / plus / plus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts