Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought honda accord 2022 2.0 Turbo a month ago. I am facing the same issue. When I remote start my car it works only 50% of the times. I am also remote starting it the right way. The car came with the remote start system pre-installed. I thought it might be remote issue because I tried to remote start it with both remotes when I first faced the issue. Once I start the car normally from inside the car, the remote start would work fine for next few hours or may be entire day sometimes.

I have also noticed that if i try to remote start my car and it doesn’t start and then if I give it a try after an hour or two it would start, which is weird.

i don’t think it is battery issue or signal issue because lock/unlock/trunk works fine. Also the car won’t start if I am standing right next to it.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Some questions… What’s the weather like where you live? Did you try to start from far away? Did you press the remote start button long / hard enough?

The reason I’m asking because the temp has finally gone down to low 20’s, and sometimes even the teens where I live, which is cold but I’m sure not the coldest in the US. Sometimes there seems to be a slight delay in colder weather to me whereas it starts right up in warmer weather (but that’s the whole point…. I know). So I’d assume it’s either the colder temps or the weak battery in my keyfob.

Also, I noticed if I don’t press the button hard enough or don’t hold it long enough, it won’t start either. So I’d look into that first.

I haven’t tried to remote start right next to the car though. It might be doing exactly what it’s supposed to do.

Reactions: Aneesurrehman

· Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
321 Posts
I just went through this with our 21 Touring a few months ago. It was a faulty wiring harness that went between the dash and drivers side door. They had to pull the whole dash out to get to it. Those are the exact same symptoms I had you are having. It’s been fine ever since they replaced it. It was a very hard diagnosis to track down. It took them 2-3 weeks even replacing major and very expensive parts to no avail per Honda tech line. They were actually going to send out a Honda engineer directly from Honda to try and find the issue. It was that hard to track down and a big job to do.

Here are all the notes pictures attached.

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went through this with our 21 Touring a few months ago. It was a faulty wiring harness that went between the dash and drivers side door. They had to pull the whole dash out to get to it. Those are the exact same symptoms I had you are having. It’s been fine ever since they replaced it. It was a very hard diagnosis to track down. It took them 2-3 weeks even replacing major and very expensive parts to no avail per Honda tech line. They were actually going to send out a Honda engineer directly from Honda to try and find the issue. It was that hard to track down and a big job to do.

Some questions… What’s the weather like where you live? Did you try to start from far away? Did you press the remote start button long / hard enough?

The reason I’m asking because the temp has finally gone down to low 20’s, and sometimes even the teens where I live, which is cold but I’m sure not the coldest in the US. Sometimes there seems to be a slight delay in colder weather to me whereas it starts right up in warmer weather (but that’s the whole point…. I know). So I’d assume it’s either the colder temps or the weak battery in my keyfob.

Also, I noticed if I don’t press the button hard enough or don’t hold it long enough, it won’t start either. So I’d look into that first.

I haven’t tried to remote start right next to the car though. It might be doing exactly what it’s supposed to do.
I have camry 2016 in which i got remote start installed after market. The brand name of remote start is “Compustar”. It works perfectly fine even in really cold weather e.g -15 C.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

@FattiesGoneWild Did u pay for all this or was that covered by warranty? My car is just one month old and I am hoping if that is the case with my car it would be covered by warranty

· Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
321 Posts
@FattiesGoneWild Did u pay for all this or was that covered by warranty? My car is just one month old and I am hoping if that is the case with my car it would be covered by warranty
All under warranty. What ever the outcome is for you. It will be covered as well under warranty.

· Registered
2,768 Posts
Yep. I just tested remote starting next to the car. It started right away both times.

There could be an issue with yours. Maybe it’s as simple as a bad battery in the keyfob. Either way, I’d take it in and let the dealer figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts