Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bruce Wayne
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a pillar gauges, but i have side curtain airbags. Will installing these interfere with my side curtain airbags? Also my pillars are dirty from fingerprints. Is there anyway i can clean these without having the fabric sag?

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
My guess is that if you get in an accident and the side curtain airbags deploy, your pillars could possibly fly off and hit you and hurt you. As far as cleaning them, just be gentle on them when you do clean them, and if you're lucky enough, steam cleaning will make them look brand new.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
there was a member over at v6p named nicepeta who had boost gauges on his A pillar because he has a supercharger. people kept asking him if they would fly off in an accident, but he kept saying over and over that he had them designed to not do that. people doubted him, but he stood by his words

here's a pic:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am looking to get a pillar gauges, but i have side curtain airbags. Will installing these interfere with my side curtain airbags? Also my pillars are dirty from fingerprints. Is there anyway i can clean these without having the fabric sag?
oxyclean (powder) and water. mix and make a paste. Grab a soft towel/rag and rub it out gently. works for me everytime.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Those gauges look ridiculous. How do you get your A pillars dirty with fingerprints? Are you doing a Dukes of Hazzard style entrance and exit from your vehicle?

·
Bruce Wayne
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help guys pillars are all clean now. pillars got dirty when the windsheild was replaced

·
Chillin
237 Posts
what type of engine do you have to swap to, to get a supercharger I have a 6-6-6 accord

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
what type of engine do you have to swap to, to get a supercharger I have a 6-6-6 accord
the comptech supercharger fits in the j30 or j32. (you have a j30) or you can do a j32 swap and supercharge it.

btw its 6-6 not 6-6-6, lol. triple 6 is the devil :D

·
Chillin
237 Posts
the comptech supercharger fits in the j30 or j32. (you have a j30) or you can do a j32 swap and supercharge it.

btw its 6-6 not 6-6-6, lol. triple 6 is the devil :D
Oh ok but wouldn't I need a better tranny if i Supercharge my j30. That's there is "-" in between each number lol =P. Damn paperboy your just all over these forums haha. :thmsup::thmsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
no the stock tranny is fine for awhile. you CAN upgrade to the TL-S tranny but thats mainly so you can also upgrade to LSD. the stock 6speed tranny is actually not bad, much more durable than the automatic

you're all over the forums too! lol

·
boost master
211 Posts

·
Chillin
237 Posts
no the stock tranny is fine for awhile. you CAN upgrade to the TL-S tranny but thats mainly so you can also upgrade to LSD. the stock 6speed tranny is actually not bad, much more durable than the automatic

you're all over the forums too! lol
oh ok that makes sense =D. I think your following me =P

·
Chillin
237 Posts
i cant follow u! my 4 cylinder cant keep up with v6 6speeds =[
Haha it's all good I'll just follow you how bout that shiznit. But putting in a supercharger would be epic :D

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Haha it's all good I'll just follow you how bout that shiznit. But putting in a supercharger would be epic :D
DO IT!

But before you do, save your money and smash a J32 and J37 together to make a J36, and then supercharge it!

·
Chillin
237 Posts
DO IT!

But before you do, save your money and smash a J32 and J37 together to make a J36, and then supercharge it!
Lol is that even possible jk but yea supercharger will come, when it will I have no idea :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts