Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,741 Posts
Spray carb cleaner onto lint free cloth or paper towel, DO NOT spray directly into the throttle body because you might damage the electronic sensors. Grab paper towel soaked with carb cleaner using a needle nose plyer, push open the butterfly valve with your other hand and keep it open while you wipe down the carbon deposit. Do this until it's relatively clean.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I am with mttts60 on this, the only way to get the throttle body completely clean is to remove it from the car.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,186 Posts
Yeah...don't mess up ;)

JK. Spray on towel and neatly wipe.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Spray carb cleaner onto lint free cloth or paper towel, DO NOT spray directly into the throttle body because you might damage the electronic sensors. Grab paper towel soaked with carb cleaner using a needle nose plyer, push open the butterfly valve with your other hand and keep it open while you wipe down the carbon deposit. Do this until it's relatively clean.
All I'll add, having just done this myself, is use Throttle Cleaner. Don't know what the difference is, so might as well use it. And watch your fingers. Wet lint free rag or shop towel and go to town. Use of new toothbrush also ok. Clean around lip of butterfly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts